PDA

View Full Version : Hi..... New here and I don't know where to start!

imnotweirdyoureweird
08-06-17, 16:10
I guess I start with - hi so hi again!
Found this place a few days ago while obsessively googling things and now here I am.
Been officially diagnosed with OCD for about 9 months now, but have been suffering a lot longer than that. After years of refusing antidepressants due to me being stubborn as hell and worrying about "having to rely on something to make me feel normal", I have just started Sertraline.

I'm not sure what else to say after that.... apart from I'm glad I've found this place. Talking about my mental health usually makes people quite uncomfortable so it's nice to find a place like this.

venusbluejeans
08-06-17, 16:17
Hiya imnotweirdyoureweird and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

I Don't Get it!
08-06-17, 18:29
Hello :)

I like your username, made me smile.

I'm new too. As Venusbluejeans said there are some really helpful articles on here, have a read.

The one by Meg called First Steps to Overcoming Anxiety and Panic is the first one I read and was really helpful.

:welcome: