PDA

View Full Version : Obsessed with being pregnant (unwanted)

imnotweirdyoureweird
08-06-17, 16:25
I'm hoping this doesn't sound as crazy as it does...

On and off I get very obsessed and stressed out about being pregnant. The last time it happened was last summer and now it's returned to me.
I am on the pill... The last time I had sex was January. I've taken tests.....God, I've taken so many tests. All negative. I have put on weight but that is more like due to depression than anything else. I feel fluttering in my stomach here and there which terrifies me! It also doesn't help when I obsessively Google about people who didn't know they were pregnant or women who say they had all negative tests and blood tests and still have a baby. It makes me shake and panic. I went to the doctor last time it affected me and I was basically laughed at, after I explained that yes I had done tests and tried to explain I was still worried. Thinking like this makes me have stomach pain which I of course then think it must be baby pain. I am so tired and sick of being this way :(
Even after typing all that and knowing (and hoping) it's all in my head, the voice in the back of my head still tells me I definitely am pregnant.

Does anyone have any experiences with this? Advice?

neuroticcat
17-06-17, 02:16
I had this fear several years ago due to googling the same things. It started when I stumbled upon an article about a woman who still had periods while being pregnant. I was getting my period every month and I stopped having sex but the fear of being pregnant was always there. I did countless tests and an ultrasound when I was supposed to be 3 months pregnant(all negative) but i was still convinced that I was pregnant. I believe it stopped when I didn't give birth .
I know what you mean about the voice in your head telling you that you're pregnant. My only advice is to keep yourself busy and stop taking pregnancy tests and googling those type of stories, the though will go away at some point.