PDA

View Full Version : How do you invite yourself to an event?

BlueEyesShining
08-06-17, 22:11
This may sound awkward, but how do you invite yourself without being rude? Or is it always, always rude?

The nature of the event is that it allows that you can come, but of course, you have to ask first. I mean, it is not such a closed event.

And it is very, almost too important for me to show up there. :)

Any answer would be appreciated.

Fishmanpa
08-06-17, 23:43
Do I understand you right?

It's an apparently known event that is stating if you want to come just ask?

Positive thoughts

MyNameIsTerry
09-06-17, 00:34
Why not just state you are interested in attending?

Are they just asking for reservations to manage the event? Just like a ticket event?

snowghost57
09-06-17, 02:06
I'm out, totally lost here!

BlueEyesShining
09-06-17, 18:05
Actually, I did not explain the situation well.

I don`t need a ticket or something like that, I just have to talk to the person who is organising this, but I feel like I am too shy to do that.

snowghost57
09-06-17, 18:10
If you don't need a ticket then what's the big deal about getting admitted to the event? Just ask, what are they going to do? Say no?

MyNameIsTerry
12-06-17, 01:34
I understood what you meant, you might have misunderstood my reply. Sometimes people like to have an idea of numbers or the type of crowd so they can better organise an event. This doesn't have to mean tickets.

Talking to them or just turning up is all you need to do. Talking to them won't mean questioning on their part, they probably just want to understand how many people are coming without the hasle of tickets.