PDA

View Full Version : Relapsing HA. Uneven Ribs. Any Advice?

HoldingoutforHope
09-06-17, 07:53
Hello! So I've been doing realtively well in conquering and fighting my HA. But recently it's started to relapse again and I had a panic attack last night, couldn't sleep a wink :wacko:

I'm a relatively skinny person and my ribs tend to stick out when I suck in my stomach or even when I'm slouching. When I'm standing if I look in the mirror and poke out my ribs I see that my left rib has a dip that sits between the upper bone and the lower movable bone. I don't feel any bumps or lumps there, just bone, but knowing HA I couldn't stop myself comparing both sides and poking and prodding :blush:

Naturally my tumor/cancer fear has reared its ugly head again. Does anybody have any advice or insight in what I can do? I'm really scared of cancer as I'm sure alot of people on here are. :weep:

Bellaaa13
13-06-17, 10:04
Hi,

I have the same thing! I've had it ever since I was little. I'm not sure what it is but I've had chest X rays for unrelated reasons and no doctor has ever been concerned about it.

I think it may be an extra rib or my bottom rib is smaller than the others. Anyhow, as you said, you have no lumps or bumps there and it's simply your rib bone so I don't think there's any reason for concern.

I'm sorry that this has triggered your HA again. As soon as I find anything on my body, even if it's 100% harmless, my HA can go into overdrive again, so I know how you feel.

Try to avoid checking your body, as hard as it is, because this will only make your anxiety worse in the long run. Distraction is also important. You could maybe go for a walk or jog when you're feeling anxious or occupy your mind with other things?

Are you seeing anyone about your anxiety? It might be useful to just talk through your worries with someone, even if it's just a friend, or maybe learn some techniques to try and deal with your worries.

I'd also recommend herbal remedies, like the 'rescue remedy' which I find very relaxing and calming.

Hope this is somewhat helpful.

xx