PDA

View Full Version : Blood Pressure

peter34uk
09-06-17, 12:21
Hi All,

Been told by doc I need meds. Ramipril 2.5mg.

Not looking for scary stories but any kind of reassurance about the meds. Just gutted and upset I gotta take some meds at all :weep:

NancyW
09-06-17, 12:31
My mom did great on it, a really small dose worked to lower her BP but it gave her a cough.

peter34uk
09-06-17, 14:13
what dosage was she on?

WiredIncorrectly
09-06-17, 16:58
Are you on any medications? Citalopram caused my blood pressure to rise. They wanted me to take meds, but I opted to stop the Citalopram. When they tested me again after stopping my BP was normal. It's not uncommon.

Mrs.Anxiety
09-06-17, 17:40
Sorry to hear Peter. Did your doctor discuss exercise and diet changes? I know some doctors give their patients a few weeks to bring it down "naturally", like doing more physical activity, eating better, avoiding sodium, etc before putting them on low doses. Perhaps giving these a try can lower your numbers and you can get off meds? I'm not a doctor and I'm not trying to say you should stop your meds, so NO don't take it that way- it's just something you might wanna look into and talk with your doctor.

peter34uk
09-06-17, 18:38
Im going to start Ramipril 2.5mg tonight. Bricking it as my fear is something bad will happen from taking them, even though Doc says fine.

He did say if i change my lifestyle and chill out, we can look again in a few months.

Ive moved house and done a massive renovation, whilst living in it. Definitely took something out of me, it realy did. Its all finished now but I just cant get my stress levels down and ive no idea why!

Last 2-3 months had constant muscle tension and worrying about my BP.

I know Ive done it to myself, but I want to fix myself.

WiredIncorrectly
09-06-17, 18:43
What is your BP?

peter34uk
09-06-17, 23:01
What is your BP?
\
varies but tonight 167/107

Earlier it was 154/103.... about 10 mins earlier.

Fishmanpa
09-06-17, 23:05
That's an intro dose and the smallest they make. You won't notice anything other than your BP lowering a bit. I take both a BP (lisinopril) med and a beta blocker (carvedilol) as well as a bunch of other stuff and have for years. You'll be totally fine.

Positive thoughts