PDA

View Full Version : Suddenly developed Anxiety,headaches?

Username2
09-06-17, 13:04
Hello,

firstly apologies for the username - very original, I know!

So, ~2wk ago I had a weird tingling feeling around my forehead area and didn't think much of it. Fast forward to the 3rd June and I began to get a left sided headache, kind of at the top left of my forehead.

I made the mistake of Using Dr Google. I felt a little bit dizzy but not excessively. 4th June the headache got much worse, so much so that the 5th I went to see the doctor.

He diagnosed Tension headaches and thinks that I must be stressed during something either personal life or home life, but assured me that it is nothing to worry about. Prescribed Naproxen and told me to take these along with paracetamol.

The day after I again googled the symptoms, big mistake, I had a panic attack on tuesday night and following a phone call to the 111 service ended up in the OOH GP convinced that I was going to die. I'd forwarded on details of friends to speak to, and details of people at work to my girlfriend to liaise with should the worst happen. He again carried out some checks and assured me in no uncertain terms that this wasn't MS, it wasn't cancer, it wasn't a tumour or anything to be immediately worried about. He agreed with the original diagnosis of Stress/Anxiety, however prescribed Propranolol 10mg x3 a day, and told me not to bother with the Naproxen/Paracetamol.

I have absolutely zero physical symptoms other than the headache/light headedness, and can function exactly the same as I did before. The headache does not get worse when lying down, or if my head is upside down. It is not worse in the morning.

This has made the headache subside tremendously, however not entirely, and instead replaced it with a somewhat dizzy/spaced out feeling.

I'm not sure I can go the weekend without seeing the GP as I keep getting worked up and panicking for seemingly no reason. Gone back into work today and feel worse for it.

I don't understand how I can be perfectly healthy and feel completely fine and then it all suddenly changes one day without warning?

I feel like I'm going crazy! Any helpful advice would be much appreciated.

Username2
10-06-17, 13:18
Went back to the doctors who has advised taking the naproxen along with propranolol for a week and see how I get on. Headaches slowly going along with my worry. Still there but reducing.

Username2
12-06-17, 08:45
Today they're back again just the same as before. It's very hard not to worry.

I went to the gym last night for the first time since this headaches started and didn't experience any increased discomfort when either on the bike, or lying down on the bench press

Is it worth pushing for a scan or am I wasting the doctors time? I'm very concerned that this is something serious and it's driving me mad, I try not to think about it but it's hard not to.

I'd love to hear any similar experiences beyond what's already out here on the forum.

Username2
13-06-17, 09:00
My neck feels a little tense on the left side this morning. I have booked an eye test for this afternoon.

Went to the dentist for a check up yesterday and all OK there. I just want to know what's causing the headaches! It's beginning to frighten me, but then again I do think considering it's been over a week, if it was something serious surely I'd have other symptoms?

A bit disappointed there's no one able to shed any advice/experiences.

Polar Bear
13-06-17, 09:47
Not sure I can help but just wanted to say I'm struggling with similar issues at the moment. Headaches tinnitus dizziness. I think because of the last two my doctor seems to think it's a ear problem. Headaches moving around a bit but over left eye seems to be common for me. Think you're right to check out a few things. Went down the same route as you checking eyes out. Went for test yesterday. Need new reading glasses but they didn't think eyes had anything to do with my problems.

Have had headaches in the past caused by anxiety and tension. Anxiety can certainly cause some of this. Good luck in getting to the bottom of your problems.

Username2
13-06-17, 10:24
Sorry to hear your having similar issues. Did you find that the anxiety could make you feel dizzy/spaced out? It seems the more I think about the worst the more it feels like things are suddenly getting much worse.

Polar Bear
13-06-17, 11:16
Yes definitely think that the worry makes things like the dizziness worse. It's difficult but trying not to worry by using distraction and relaxation techniques I find help. Meanwhile getting things checked out as you are doing is important.

Hope we can both find the answers we need.

Username2
13-06-17, 22:44
Had an eye test today and advised other than my prescription being slightly worse there was no signs of anything untoward affecting my eyes which has given me some relief, not a lot, but some.

On another thread someone said they were advised 999/1000 headaches are unrelated to BT which also gave me some relief.

I remain positive as tonight I've been quite busy cutting wood up for a burner and the headache is very very dull in comparison.

I also noticed that my temple area is quite tender when the headache gets worse. Are there muscles there?

Lisa.w1979
13-06-17, 22:58
Hi UN2. Do you drink coffee? I suffer heafaches and one of my triggers is caffeine. I found that after cutting it out, my headaches were much less frequent. And the headaches just appeared from nowhere. I only started getting them around 6 years ago. Before that I used to drink 8-10 cups of coffee a day.

Username2
23-06-17, 10:53
Hi UN2. Do you drink coffee? I suffer heafaches and one of my triggers is caffeine. I found that after cutting it out, my headaches were much less frequent. And the headaches just appeared from nowhere. I only started getting them around 6 years ago. Before that I used to drink 8-10 cups of coffee a day.

No, I don't. I do however drink some diet soft drinks that have caffeine in. However I now drink considerably less than I used to...

---------- Post added at 10:53 ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 ----------

It still feels tense on the left side of my head, scalp / temporal area - all left sided - but other than that I function perfectly fine.

I take great comfort in this, as I can only think that if it was something serious, and 3 weeks passing, then some other symptoms would have appeared by now surely?

Username2
23-06-17, 22:11
Someone please can you help, does a migraine get worse when you cough? I felt diprientated before and now got a pain behind my right eye like a migraine but it gets more intense when I cough ! This was 20 mins after an intense gym session now ids stayed for 4 hours. Please