PDA

View Full Version : ALS Fear at 19.

CalvinB
09-06-17, 16:37
Hi I am 19 years of age and I am currently going through massive ALS fears. If I put both my hands side my side and move my fingers as fast as I can, i can move the fingers on my right (dominant) quite a bit faster than my other hand and I'm not sure if I'm imagining it but I feel like my left hand is a little numb? I can still use it fine and I can still type fast on my keyboard and do everything else I could do before I noticed this. Is this early ALS?

I haven't noticed any other symptoms at all other than I feel like my left arm is getting a bit more fatigued than my right, but this may be down to me paying a lot of attention to it and my right arm being dominant.

I haven't observed any clinical weakness that I am aware of. I would take a visit to my docotor but with the NHS being as it is I don't want to waste an appointment for something that could be nothing, but I can't shake the feeling.

Fishmanpa
09-06-17, 16:44
Hi I am 19 years of age and I am currently going through massive ALS fears. If I put both my hands side my side and move my fingers as fast as I can, i can move the fingers on my right (dominant) quite a bit faster than my other hand and I'm not sure if I'm imagining it but I feel like my left hand is a little numb? I can still use it fine and I can still type fast on my keyboard and do everything else I could do before I noticed this. Is this early ALS?

I haven't noticed any other symptoms at all other than I feel like my left arm is getting a bit more fatigued than my right, but this may be down to me paying a lot of attention to it and my right arm being dominant.

I haven't observed any clinical weakness that I am aware of. I would take a visit to my docotor but with the NHS being as it is I don't want to waste an appointment for something that could be nothing, but I can't shake the feeling.

With respect, in no way, shape or form does that indicate anything sinister at all. Please read this! (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=196071)

Positive thoughts

BazB44
09-06-17, 17:39
Ive had health anxiety since I was 11, so 20 years. This particular disease is by far the worst fear to have. Its a dangerous fear hole to go down. Ive been going down it for 8 months and its terrifying to think about.

vincy
09-06-17, 18:44
These are NOT ALS symptoms! Lucky for you. I'm sure everyone else who comments will tell you the same thing. Mental health problems can be just as devastating as physical health problems. If you can't shake it after a couple weeks, just make that appointment and have a doctor reassure you! (you don't need to though :) )

Captain irrational
09-06-17, 20:56
Is this early ALS?

No.

/thread

axolotl
09-06-17, 22:36
For a 19 year old, ALS is something so vanishingly unlikely it shouldn't even be on your radar. Please get it out of your head and leave that particular rabbit warren alone.

Thelegend27
09-06-17, 22:40
This sounds like anxiety related, but in the case it wasnt anxiety, i still dont sound like ALS, it sounds more nerve related, tingling and numbness in the arms, hands, legs, and feet are usually signs of nerve issues, could be something like TOS (Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. But most nerve problems cause very little issues, and it's not something to worry about or obsess over. The best advice any of us can give you is to go see your doctor it'll help put your mind at ease.

tryingtosurvive1
11-06-17, 04:19
no you don't have ALS. numbness isn't part of ALS anyway.