PDA

View Full Version : At last I have found a solution

Bigboyuk
09-06-17, 19:04
Re my smoking addiction as that is what it is. Here's is what I am almost certain will happen. The Local Fire service where I live could have a room made available for a group. I have searched on line and found there is a Nicotine Anonymous Group well a few of them not in this area but London and Bristol formed about 6 years ago and is based on the famous 12 step programme that the AA And GA use so called some one last night on the phone had a good chat with some one who also thinks it's a good idea to set a local group in my area the only main condition is there has to be only 2 people attending then it can be called a group.

And then there is set up costs like flyers and meeting literature which I should be able to get help had another call today off yet another member just now who lives in Bristol who often visits Stoke on Trent who wants to meet me as a fellow sufferer and chat about it in person which is great to actually see some one in person and not just words on screen :) and get this much needed group on the road Sure it's early days but I am thinking it will take off irrespective of NHS treatments in my area being offered as one treatment option is by no means enough one treatment doesn't fit all ppl so Please wish me well on this venture as it's exciting and new Thanks for reading :) Cheers

KK77
09-06-17, 19:13
Excellent way to meet people and reduce/stop smoking at the same time Bigboy. I vape now mainly so no need to wear my smoking jacket so often, as BB said I look like a throwback to another era :lac:

Good luck with it and may the fire brigade be with you :D

Catherine S
09-06-17, 19:56
Great news Bboy, something I've always respected you for is the fact that you never give up, you keep going. More power to you. :yesyes:

Cath ☺ x

Bigboyuk
09-06-17, 19:58
Excellent way to meet people and reduce/stop smoking at the same time Bigboy. I vape now mainly so no need to wear my smoking jacket so often, as BB said I look like a throwback to another era :lac:

Good luck with it and may the fire brigade be with you :D Sure it is and will get me out of the house watching tv for 6 hrs a day is enough to drive me insane :D I have a vape but don't use it as I much as I should.
Yeah you are showing your age a bit there ha ha Happy days eh ;) Hey thank you I am going to give it good go any way and 1 day at a time too Cheers

MyNameIsTerry
14-06-17, 00:56
Good luck with this, Dave. I'm sure Changes will let you promote it.

Are there opportunities to access local money for this sort of thing?