PDA

View Full Version : Cut finger, scared of tetanus!

TinyTina
10-06-17, 11:51
So yesterday I was doing lawn work with some garden shears and cut 2 of my fingers within 30 minutes of each other! Lucky me huh? One seems to have stopped bleeding but the other is still going! Of course I'm extremely freaked out, I mean it's not the first time I've had a deep cut but because I was outside in the yard the severe fear of tetanus has taken over my thoughts. It's not like the shears were old they are brand new. Still.. It's been over 12 hours and I'm not liking what I'm seeing which is too much red. And God knows what is on those trees and bushes! Should I wait it out and pray it stops or should I be running to the clinic? I feel like so much blood has been lost, my finger does not feel numb or weak but still....

Phuzella
10-06-17, 12:52
When did you last have a tetanus jab

TinyTina
10-06-17, 13:00
When did you last have a tetanus jab

Honestly I don't know. I haven't been to the doctors in God knows how long..... :weep:

StephA
10-06-17, 14:36
They recommend Tetanus shots every ten years. It may be a good idea to visit a doc, if you're in doubt. If you step on a rusty nail or get a deep cut they recommend getting a Tetanus shot within 48 hours after getting the cut. That is IF you haven't had one in awhile.