PDA

View Full Version : Cardiologist Letter

NPR73
10-06-17, 11:52
I had an echocardiogram which has come back all normal but the wording of the letter from the Cardiologist to my GP has got me a bit concerned. He has put "I have not made any arrangement to see him again but if you have any specific concerns I am happy to correspond". Don't they usually just put I no longer need to see the patient? Why is he keeping the door open? Thanks

WiredIncorrectly
10-06-17, 12:04
It's means you're fine. You're looking into this far too deep. There is no secret conspiracy code between your doctor and the cardiologist. The letter was addressed to your GP. If the cardiologist had concerns he would have said so. Cardiologists and doctors don't pussy foot around each other. If there was a problem you would know about it. Doctors are not in the business of lying to you to make you feel better. It means what it means ... if your doctor has any concerns the cardiologist would be happy to answer any questions. Does your doctor have any concerns? No!

Be thankful you're fine and enjoy the rest of your life :)

Melonpony
10-06-17, 16:32
Typical generic way to end a letter. It basically means "this patient is totally healthy, but you know, I'm cool to see him again if you want to...but come on. He's fine. Don't make me see him again."

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk