PDA

View Full Version : Tight chest

titch
10-06-17, 12:35
This seems to be a recurring problem for me and I have been the doctors twice about it over the years and always told anxiety and its always gone but this week my anxiety has vbeen very high and I keep getting a tight chest and feeling like I can't get a full breath. Its so horrible. I just sat and started to panic so distracted myself by going in the garden and folding the chairs away. Any one else get this? How do you get rid of it? Totally normal anxiety isn't it? X

WiredIncorrectly
10-06-17, 14:13
This seems to be a recurring problem for me and I have been the doctors twice about it over the years and always told anxiety and its always gone but this week my anxiety has vbeen very high and I keep getting a tight chest and feeling like I can't get a full breath. Its so horrible. I just sat and started to panic so distracted myself by going in the garden and folding the chairs away. Any one else get this? How do you get rid of it? Totally normal anxiety isn't it? X

Note: I'm going by what you've said. I am not a medical professional.

You've had a tight chest for years and nothing bad has happened. You've also been checked out by a doctor who says you are fine. Yes anxiety.

Remember, feeling like you can't breath is not the same as not being able to breath. If you really couldn't breath properly you'd know about it.

Just tell yourself its anxiety and go do something fun :)

bin tenn
10-06-17, 17:26
Likely manual breathing and/or hyperventilation, due to anxiety. Manual breathing often leads to hyperventilating. Hyperventilation leads to chest tightness and feeling like you can't get a full breath. If you're paying attention to your breathing, chances are you're taking control and not letting your body handle it naturally, as it's designed to do. I know; I catch myself doing it often. It's a hard habit to break. My uncle once told me "if you're observing, you're participating" - it's true.

titch
10-06-17, 21:49
Yes I distracted and it went- just in that moment it's so real because it's there and no matter how many times I've had it before I still worry thanks for the replies appreciate it xx