PDA

View Full Version : Freaking out - neck lymph notes

loverblesarah
10-06-17, 18:26
Hi I'm sarah I've currently had anxiety for many of years (health anxiety) all my worries so far have turned out to be nothing wrOng.

A while back I used to always get my lymph notes come up by neck by my ear and doctors always said they are fine.

Now I have got a lymph note which is half way down my neck it's only small but it's really panicking me

Someone please help :(

I'm looking on the net on google and don't know whether to or not cause it's making me more nervous

OutOfExile
11-06-17, 02:44
Hi Sarah,

Mine is in the same place. The best thing you can do is stay off Google! It's a terrible doctor :)

Swollen lymph nodes are the body's way of fighting off all types of infections - bacterial, viral, and sometimes we don't even know there's something our immune system is fighting off until these little guys swell up. They can easily stay swollen for 4-6 weeks or longer, and sometimes never return to their regular size & remain palpable.

I'm not a doctor, so the best medical advise i can give you is to see one if you have any symptoms that concern you, if for no other reason than to put your mind at ease. If you haven't yet, take comfort from the fact that there are countless posts from people on this forum with the exact same symptom(s), and as far as i've read, everyone's turned out to be fine physically.

mdel
11-06-17, 16:47
I have several lymph nodes that are a little enlarged (0.5-1.2cm) for over 4 years and I went to many doctors, all of them say it's "not normal but not a cause of concern". It's very hard to forget that my lymph nodes are still there so I keep poking them and making it hurt. My neck is always sore. I hope we both stop worrying.
I first thought I have follicular lymphoma which is a kind of non hodkings lymphoma that grows slowly. But after 4-5 years I don't think so. Now I'm wondering if I have thyroid cancer that have spreaded to my lymph nodes. But there's nothing I can do because all the doctors I asked for a biopsy (about 5) didn't allow me to do it. So, the only answer is that I'm crazy xD.