PDA

View Full Version : I cant cope anymore

Lozboss
10-06-17, 18:29
Everyweek is a new cancer constantly trying to think what all my pains are. I bave what feels like a thinkening under my breast on my rib it hurts when i bend. My stool feels different also like somethig is blocking it coming out (sorry tmi) but not constipated and stool is soft. Last last week it was ovarian cancer ive been through them all but this morning my fear started with colon cancer. I have been send for scans but refuse to go. But ive had pain across the top of my back for months and im.connecting everything to that. My appetite is becoming less and less im so upset im struggling to live.

WiredIncorrectly
10-06-17, 18:58
I have been send for scans but refuse to go.

If you've been sent for scans please go to them. Push your anxieties aside here and put your health first. What's the point of worrying about Cancer if you're not even willing to go to the scans? Skipping the scans will not solve your mental health problems, and will only make things worse.

Go get them done!

I had Cancer. I also have the worst kind of anxiety. But, I didn't once miss a scan or treatment. I have recently missed my blood tests, but that's because I only have a year left and the type of Cancer I had for me doesn't show in the bloods and never did. But I never missed a CT or xray (thankfully I have no more of them). I am all clear though and well.

Lozboss
10-06-17, 20:37
Thanks for replying and so sorry to hear u have had "C" in the past. What do u mean u only have a year left????? I really can not go for these scans i just cant. I do know thats not rite. But i now no lobger go to the doctors either because they want to rule things out now wich means scans etc. Its an absolute nightmare non of my family understand so uve stopped telling them about anything n just get on with things. Work full time get home look after 3 young children while husband goes to work perminentlt stressed so dnt really had time to go to dlcs eithher. X

WiredIncorrectly
10-06-17, 20:51
After a person beats Cancer they are asked to attend regular blood tests and scans for 5 years. After 5 years you don't have to go for any more. This is simply to monitor the Cancer hasn't returned. In my case I have a scan in 12 months and then I'm "cured".

As for the scans you have to go to them. Make arrangements with the family to babysit the kids? Or if need be take them with you. This is your life. Your kids need you around. Chances are you will have this scan and it will be nothing. You will have peace of mind and you can stop stressing about the possibility of having Cancer. And lets just pretend the worst case scenario happens ... you will get treatment and live a normal life. That's how you should think about it. Missing the scans is not going to do you any favours. Attending the scan is a win/win.

There really is no excuse not to attend them. I'm also nervous of these things. Took me 3 years to pluck up the courage to have teeth extracted. Spent 3 years in pain because of my dental fear. I've had many of these scans: MRI, CT, X-Ray, ECG, Echo, Ultrasound.

I'm betting your scans will be clear, and when that happens you'll have a huge weight off your shoulders.

My Dad died from Cancer in January. It's not nice, so please get tested. 99% of the time it turns out to be nothing. Had scares myself. I'm fine. You will be too.