PDA

View Full Version : botulism? food poisoning?

socksrox
11-06-17, 07:57
before i get to it what im about to say is probably going to very gross

i was hungry earlier and decided i could heat up some prepackaged hot dogs and thought it'd be genius to use a pan to heat them up since i didnt want to use the microwave.. and the pan itself was dirty and covered in grease, having been used earlier today and probably more for stuff like sausage and bacon

i thought about using a different one but i i got anxious about my dad getting upset over dirtying another pan ( and my family isn't picky about the pan because he insists the leftover bacon grease helps when you cook with it again, so we've cooked with it a lot w/o washing after) and just used it anyway to avoid any trouble

but i got worried afterwards and decided to google about what would happen with eating food prepared from a dirty pan and saw worries about a lot of food poisonings but specifically botulism so now im really REALLY scared about it and know that its my fault anyway for not using a different pan :weep:

does anyone know how possible it is? i tried to google more and more about it but all the technical terms are throwing me through a loop. i feel so dumb and gross for letting something like this even happen

Fishmanpa
11-06-17, 14:43
No worries at all. In fact, I bet those dogs tasted good frying in the bacon and sausage grease :emot-drool:

Positive thoughts and cholesterol ;)