PDA

View Full Version : blood on my hands!

Beckie4567
11-06-17, 10:48
I gave first aid to a lady who have badly cut het finger on some class I went to put my gloved on and some of her blood went on my hand it was only abit but I'm just panicking about it I dont have any cuts on my hand altho abit went on my fingernail should I worry I cleaned it off quick and then put my gloves on but its on my mind the lady is very nice and a regular customer of ours any help should I be worried ?

snowghost57
11-06-17, 13:02
Worried about what?

Magic
11-06-17, 13:25
I did a similar thing when our window cleaner fell from his ladder. I had blood on my hands, no gloves. never thought anything of it. Just washed my hands.
If you come in contact with blood doing mouth to mouth resuscitation on a stranger.
or any one who has HIV or illness of that nature.
Then you have different tests done by GP or hospital.

Beckie4567
11-06-17, 15:10
But how do u no if they've got hiv or anything that's the thing ?

Fishmanpa
11-06-17, 15:21
But how do u no if they've got hiv or anything that's the thing ?

You don't know Beckie... But you do know that since you have no cuts on your hand and you washed it immediately, there is no risk. This is a FACT. Black and white fact... no "what ifs" at all.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

Positive thoughts

Beckie4567
11-06-17, 18:19
But it went in my nails ��

Melonpony
11-06-17, 18:24
You're safe. It's not a risk.
I freaked out once when my boyfriend helped move a dead body out of the road from a car accident, and obviously had the guys blood on him. But yeah he didn't have any open wounds or cuts, and washed his hands pretty soon afterwards. This was 15 years ago. No diseases transferred. LOL.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

WiredIncorrectly
11-06-17, 18:36
You're safe. Also, did you know it's entirely possible for someone to come into direct contact with blood from a HIV patient and never get infected? Catching HIV doesn't mean the moment your blood touches theirs an infection will occur. There's many factors involved.

I know a guy who has HIV, and his wife doesn't. During their first 2 years together he didn't know he had HIV. They both went for testing because he had a few symptoms that concerned him. Turns out he had HIV.

He didn't cheat on his wife. It was later proven his ex girlfriend had HIV and she passed it onto him. How's that for unlucky? He and his wife are still together but in the 2 years he didn't know he had HIV they never used protection. She didn't catch it.

ServerError
11-06-17, 23:10
The title of this thread led me to believe we were about to witness our first-ever No More Panic murder confession.

Melonpony
12-06-17, 03:19
The title of this thread led me to believe we were about to witness our first-ever No More Panic murder confession.
LMFAO! I really don't want anyone to kill anyone, nor do I find murder humorous...but how funny would that have been?!!??!
"My health anxiety has gotten out of control. I thought that someone sneezed on me and gave me AIDS, so I killed them to stop the virus from developing further. Do you think I should go to the doctor?"

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Beckie4567
13-06-17, 07:41
Lol thankyou for your reply's

Beckie4567
16-06-17, 07:44