PDA

View Full Version : Extreme physical anxiety

bonita9
11-06-17, 14:55
I have general anxiety disorder, panic disorder, and OCD. A few weeks ago I reduced the antidepressant dosage (in consultation with my doctor) because I have to quit because of side effects. The abstinences that appeared was and still is very strong.

My brain decided that I am now allergic to foods that I have never reacted negatively to before. At first it was only in my mind, but eventually, real symptoms also appeared after I had forced myself to eat. It may be a runny nose, mucus, feeling of a swollen tongue, weakness/fatigue, flushing, etc. This does not happen with all foods, and it varies when they appear or not. Sometimes they don't, but often they do. I often get symptoms after eating foods I have read that you can often react strongly or cross-react with.

My doctor says I'm not allergic and that I can eat what I want, but I just can't seem to believe her completely. The symptoms are so real, I can't believe it. I imagine that I cross-react with food because of pollen allergy, but I do NOT respond to pollen at all! Just the food. This is soo weird.

How much power do anxiety really have?! I also get symptoms even when I believe I do not think irrational thoughts in advance. Is it enough that they are in my unconsciousness? :doh: