PDA

View Full Version : GAD back with a vengeance

GlobusGirl32
11-06-17, 15:45
Hello.

I became a member back in 2013 after experiencing my first panic attack and dreaded case of Globus. GAD and health Anxiety then got it's grasp around and never let go.

It did eventually go away after hospitalization, med trials, ER visits, millions of procedure bloods & tests... etc.

It came back with a vengeance after me and my daughter recently became homeless.

And with it came a million new symptoms.
I am generally a VERY rational person so anxiety really ticks me off.

I've accepted the constant worrying, obsessive thoughts, dreaded day ahead, impending doom etc are all anxiety related. I've accepted that not every body ache is a run to emergency services. I really have came to an acceptance with my disorder. A rational ACCEPTANCE.

But it still lingers there. It still gets control. And it still tears me down. I'm back to crying everyday. Feeling like a failure and a worry wart. I feel like my daughter, who is one, will grow up being super anxious with her overly anxious mom and this depresses me.

I was doing so good with my anxiety and depression and I'm back in the hole. Always looking for relief and answers. Forcing myself to stay off Google. Forcing myself to live or even play with my daughter when I just want to get under my blankets and hide forever.

I'm sorry if this was the wrong place for this thread but during my last bout of intense anxiety this place helped me the most. The people on here were amazing.

I hope to get out of this funk sooner than later because it ruins your quality of life. Well, it pretty much kills it. I just want to be better for my daughter and for our future.

The light just seems so far from my dark dark tunnel.

Good luck to us all

Billyboy1019
11-06-17, 15:47
Are you on any medication? X

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

GlobusGirl32
11-06-17, 19:28
Are you on any medication? X

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I just got in with a new therapist. I have been med free for two years. And it was horrendous coming off of them (sigh)

Not sure if I'll be able to avoid them at this point though

Chrysmar09
11-06-17, 20:46
I am in the same boat with you. I don't want to do anymore ADs (I have horrible side effects) but I am so consumed with my GAD that my daughter is noticing and she is 12. I worry I am losing my mind or I am dying all the time. I am starting to change my diet and I am looking into Buddhism and I am doing therapy. hopefully I can get my life back

Elizabeth Fry
11-06-17, 22:11
I am the same. Every day is a nightmare going from symptom to symptom seeking reassurance. I have started with a therapist who says she can work with my GP so that I would have to sit with my symptoms and worries. I don't think I can do it. I am grieving for my husband at the moment and it's just too much.

I do meditations on YouTube and mindfulness but nothing works. I have tried medication too but the side-effects are not good. I don't know where to turn except my GP who is wonderful.

Rick(amateur)
12-06-17, 03:36
Hello.

I became a member back in 2013 after experiencing my first panic attack and dreaded case of Globus. GAD and health Anxiety then got it's grasp around and never let go.

It did eventually go away after hospitalization, med trials, ER visits, millions of procedure bloods & tests... etc.

It came back with a vengeance after me and my daughter recently became homeless.

And with it came a million new symptoms.
I am generally a VERY rational person so anxiety really ticks me off.

I've accepted the constant worrying, obsessive thoughts, dreaded day ahead, impending doom etc are all anxiety related. I've accepted that not every body ache is a run to emergency services. I really have came to an acceptance with my disorder. A rational ACCEPTANCE.

But it still lingers there. It still gets control. And it still tears me down. I'm back to crying everyday. Feeling like a failure and a worry wart. I feel like my daughter, who is one, will grow up being super anxious with her overly anxious mom and this depresses me.

I was doing so good with my anxiety and depression and I'm back in the hole. Always looking for relief and answers. Forcing myself to stay off Google. Forcing myself to live or even play with my daughter when I just want to get under my blankets and hide forever.

I'm sorry if this was the wrong place for this thread but during my last bout of intense anxiety this place helped me the most. The people on here were amazing.

I hope to get out of this funk sooner than later because it ruins your quality of life. Well, it pretty much kills it. I just want to be better for my daughter and for our future.

The light just seems so far from my dark dark tunnel.

Good luck to us all

Hi! I'm sorry to hear all this has happened to you. Anxiety can be a nasty demon who can return without any warning just as life is full of surprises. I hope you can find a place to stay first. It's not a good situation to deal with anxiety when you are homeless and have a daughter to care for.

I find anxiety never really goes away. It's a difficult battle to repel it but it will come back since it's a part of us. Face it head on and don't show weakness. Anxiety is a big bully so you got to show it who's boss. While the light seems far away, I bet there's just a bend ahead in your tunnel so you need to turn the corner to see the light.

I wish you all the best! Pain, suffering and anxiety are temporary and, if you beat it once, you can beat it once again! Treat it like a sequel to your movie where you are once again facing your hated nemesis. :)

GlobusGirl32
12-06-17, 04:24
I am in the same boat with you. I don't want to do anymore ADs (I have horrible side effects) but I am so consumed with my GAD that my daughter is noticing and she is 12. I worry I am losing my mind or I am dying all the time. I am starting to change my diet and I am looking into Buddhism and I am doing therapy. hopefully I can get my life back

I'm so sorry you are in the same boat. Honestly wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

I might wish it on a few doctors though :winks: you know the ones who think anxiety sufferers are simply hypochondriacs and nothing more LOL

No but seriously... The thought of my daughter becoming a GAD sufferer gives me instant anxiety. I don't like the guinea pig medication phase. Seeing what works... waiting for side effects... getting WORSE before you get better!!!... because that is NEVER fun.

Ugh i know i will most likely have this disorder forever but MAN is it tough and draining and demanding

---------- Post added at 23:24 ---------- Previous post was at 23:20 ----------

Hi! I'm sorry to hear all this has happened to you. Anxiety can be a nasty demon who can return without any warning just as life is full of surprises. I hope you can find a place to stay first. It's not a good situation to deal with anxiety when you are homeless and have a daughter to care for.

I find anxiety never really goes away. It's a difficult battle to repel it but it will come back since it's a part of us. Face it head on and don't show weakness. Anxiety is a big bully so you got to show it who's boss. While the light seems far away, I bet there's just a bend ahead in your tunnel so you need to turn the corner to see the light.

I wish you all the best! Pain, suffering and anxiety are temporary and, if you beat it once, you can beat it once again! Treat it like a sequel to your movie where you are once again facing your hated nemesis. :)

Thank you for the kind words! I know this is going to be a long long battle. I've never felt the same since my first panic attack and I know I never will.

But you have a good way of thinking. I am a huge movie buff and the idea of looking at this like my sequel made me giggle! I needed that

Rick(amateur)
12-06-17, 04:36
Thank you for the kind words! I know this is going to be a long long battle. I've never felt the same since my first panic attack and I know I never will.

But you have a good way of thinking. I am a huge movie buff and the idea of looking at this like my sequel made me giggle! I needed that

No problem! We are here to support each other and glad I used a suitable example here. I'm happy to chat more if you need someone to talk to. I know it's a relief to talk about problems since bottling them up tend to make the situation worse. Now, better get ready to fight your nemesis then! :)

snowghost57
12-06-17, 04:51
I like your guinea pig phase comment. I can't tolerate drugs either. I work on challenging my thoughts. Are they realistic, do they have any value to what I am trying to accomplish today? I still have my down days. We can fight it and it does take a lot of effort but its worth it.