PDA

View Full Version : What symptoms can muscle tension cause

jhopley
12-06-17, 08:38
What symptoms can muscle tension cause? I have tons and tons of symptoms i would love to know what ones it is the muscle tension causes?

ankietyjoe
12-06-17, 10:24
In my experience muscle tension is one of the great unknown hero's of anxiety. And by that I mean it has a heroic ability to make you feel like crap.

I suspect (but cannot prove) that muscle tension is the cause of :-

Fatigue
Tremor
Chronic Pain
Insomnia
Dizziness
Migraine
Weakness

These are just my observations. I also suspect (but really cannot prove) that some form of toxin is stored in the muscles when they are very tense, and that those toxins are released upon exercise, making you feel like utter sh1t a few hours later.

Hollow
12-06-17, 11:18
In my experience muscle tension is one of the great unknown hero's of anxiety. And by that I mean it has a heroic ability to make you feel like crap.

I suspect (but cannot prove) that muscle tension is the cause of :-

Fatigue
Tremor
Chronic Pain
Insomnia
Dizziness
Migraine
Weakness

These are just my observations. I also suspect (but really cannot prove) that some form of toxin is stored in the muscles when they are very tense, and that those toxins are released upon exercise, making you feel like utter sh1t a few hours later.

Interesting information, i've heard about muscle tension but don't know much about it. So how do go about getting rid of muscle tension?

MyNameIsTerry
12-06-17, 11:47
Interesting information, i've heard about muscle tension but don't know much about it. So how do go about getting rid of muscle tension?

Relaxation exercises, anything that reduces overall anxiety levels really.

One is Progressive Muscle Relaxation (PMR), an old technique from the 1920's that therapists still use today.

I find my muscular tension brings headaches, fatigue, muscle & joint pain, lethargy, etc.

Melonpony
12-06-17, 15:46
I've looked up specific muscle groups, and muscle tension can cause so, so much. Here's a list of what I've experienced bc of muscle tension:
Chest pain
Neck and shoulder pain
Jaw pain
One sided facial numbness
Tooth ache
Eye pain
Migraine
One sided headache
Top of head ice pick headache
Tension headache
Cheek pain
Wrist pain
Shortness of breath

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

poppadr3w
12-06-17, 18:34
What symptoms can muscle tension cause? I have tons and tons of symptoms i would love to know what ones it is the muscle tension causes?

Since muscles are throughout the body entirely, I feel as if they can cause a myriad of symptoms.

For example, tightness of the pectoral minor(s) can cause issues with breathing. When people feel as if they cannot breathe, this further causes additional anxiety. It's a snowball effect.

Another example is neck tightness, which can cause headaches and tension in other areas around the head. It's uncomfortable.

I am not a doctor, but one thing that seems to help with tightness is self massage with a foam roller and stretching. I have a blog post about foam rollers on my blog (www.anxietypress.com). They are relatively cheap overall and can be found on Amazon.

You're not alone, friend. Muscle tightness is a horrendous symptom of anxiety and, honestly, it's quite tiresome. Think of how it is hitting your body hard. Your body is in a state of constant muscular tension - that's exhausting! I think that this is one reason why some people have fatigue from this symptom.

jhopley
12-06-17, 19:38
Since muscles are throughout the body entirely, I feel as if they can cause a myriad of symptoms.

For example, tightness of the pectoral minor(s) can cause issues with breathing. When people feel as if they cannot breathe, this further causes additional anxiety. It's a snowball effect.

Another example is neck tightness, which can cause headaches and tension in other areas around the head. It's uncomfortable.

I am not a doctor, but one thing that seems to help with tightness is self massage with a foam roller and stretching. I have a blog post about foam rollers on my blog (www.anxietypress.com). They are relatively cheap overall and can be found on Amazon.

You're not alone, friend. Muscle tightness is a horrendous symptom of anxiety and, honestly, it's quite tiresome. Think of how it is hitting your body hard. Your body is in a state of constant muscular tension - that's exhausting! I think that this is one reason why some people have fatigue from this symptom.

Is it possible for it to cause cold feelings in your throat?

Catherine S
12-06-17, 19:39
The list is long and it can also affect your eyes with tired, strained eyes and sometimes blurry vision. It's all down to how muscles and nerves are controlled by constant tension.

:)

poppadr3w
13-06-17, 14:33
Is it possible for it to cause cold feelings in your throat?

Hmm... I've never heard of that side effect of muscle tension. However, anxiety in itself can cause many weird, unique symptoms. Anxiety is well known for resembling physical diseases and ailments while purely being within the mind. The mind is a strong, strong component of yourself, friend.

For example, I had the Globus Hystericus symptom of anxiety, which is a feeling of a lump in your throat. I swore that I had a tumor or some sort of growth in there, especially since no matter what I ate or drank this damn "lump" wouldn't cease its existence. I went to an ENT, got a scope done, and it was all clear. It went away over time with anxiety reduction techniques, but came back once during an instance of very peaked anxiety.

Lakme
15-06-17, 05:07

A lot of symptoms that I had that subsequently went away when I started exercising and acknowledging that my symptoms were anxiety. Just to name a few.

Right eye discomfort.
Chest pain.
Left arm discomfort.
Mid back pain.
Lump in throat (which may or may have not been due to GERD, although I've been taking Prilosec for a couple of months so I don't know.)
Knot in stomach, which I perceived to be my stomach pressing up against my ribs from being too full.

At my worst I was having flashes of what I thought my organs looked like because I thought I had a rare erosive upper GI condition and my hands and feet got so cold they started to feel like blocks of ice. So to answer your question, what can anxiety cause you to feel?

The answer is a lot more than you would think. It should be a general rule about anxiety that if you have TOO many symptoms then there's a 99% chance it's anxiety.

paranoid-viking
15-06-17, 20:54

Well, for a start; anxiety most definetely causes muscle tensions.

ARIES34
15-06-17, 23:54
I get massive muscle tension. I actually think it can cause dizziness, which is main anxiety symptom. Obviously there's a host of other things it can cause.

Timb2
16-06-17, 00:54
I believe muscle tension can cause joint pain and press on the nerves causing issues