PDA

View Full Version : Need input on stomach issues

Chris 614
12-06-17, 19:13
Hi. I've had stomach/gastrointestinal issues for many years. I have irritable bowel syndrome and acid reflux. My gut seems to get the worst of it when I have stress and anxiety. Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone has experienced the following. Last night I started getting pain in my upper abdominal area, just below the my breast bone. The pain would build and radiate to my back and eventually subside after a few minutes. This happened multiple times over an hour and a half. During that time I released some burps and went to the bathroom a couple of time. I have had something similar to this a few times before, but this was the worst. I have a doctor appointment on Friday morning...the soonest they could get me in. The last time it happened the doctor thought it was an esophageal spasm. Of course I'm worried it is something terrible and that it is going to happen again. The anticipation is causing anxiety.

I should note that last night for dinner I had stew...it was a little spicy and had vegetables in it. Probably not good for someone with acid reflux and IBS. But I had eaten a couple of hours before the pain started.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.