PDA

View Full Version : Ugh... bit of a flare up today

EKB
13-06-17, 00:33
I'm having an HA flare up today. Though if I'm honest with myself I had some low level HA going on for the past week or two, but was trying to manage without addressing the root of my stress.

Then last night there was an incident - which I won't go into detail, because I don't want to trigger others and (I'm realizing) it really has nothing to truly do with the anxiety I'm feeling. Rather, me fixating on the incident (which was stressful, upsetting, but most likely benign), has more to do with the stresses in other parts of my life that I haven't been coping with/able to cope with effectively.

But nonetheless, sleep deprived, spooked, and fearing (irrationally) for my health I started the day sobbing, continued going through the day with a constant low level hum of anxiety, and have little to no appetite now.

Thankfully, I see my social worker on Thursday this week, and I've been doing the CCI modules. Last night's incident made good fodder for those. Also, I went to exercise class today and really sweated it out (not the least because the AC wasn't in yet).

Think I might be able to stomach some cheese and crackers now...

Always grateful to have this space to rant.

MyNameIsTerry
13-06-17, 05:29
Well done for getting going and not just sitting worrying. It's hard as the symptoms make you want to hide but it does help.

The exercise will definitely help with the tension and reverting to those modules is great and it shows you do have control when you choose to want to do things to break free of worry.

:hugs:

EKB
15-06-17, 12:48
Thanks Terry :)

Alexldn89
16-06-17, 11:37
Hey Love,

One of the best things i did for myself was start getting out and active.
One. It made me so tired that i needed to rest and didnt actually have time to think about things..
and two i realised... my body is working so hard right now, my heart, my muscles.. and nothings going wrong?

My HA was surrounding my heart, i was always thibnking about a heart attack and the panic attacks didnt help!!
One day someone said to me..when you go up or down the stairs RUN
and i thought, yeah alright whats that gonna do?!
but it made me realise something, im pushing mysellf and nothings happening?! infact i feel better for it..

I had about three ecgs and numerous tests on it... and different things and only now would i say when i feel an ache in my chest i can think.. oh thats a muscle spasm..
you become very aware of how you feel dont you?
my lifestyle change of diet and activity changed my whole mental state and i had severe anxiety OCD and depression, i also though i was hearing things and seeing things and was going mad... so i know the effects of it and youd be surprised.

Sitting and worrying becomes a vicious cycle that never ends, one thought, one reaction or feeling and then comes another bad though and from there it snowballs..
well done for getting oout there and doing something, thats the best thing you can do.. thats a huge step for anyone with HA.
amaxzing xxxx

Bike Rider
16-06-17, 11:42
Cheese and crackers, mmmm nice.

We get these blips, but you do seem capable of managing them which is fantastic.

Dont over do the exercise intensity, I did and I think the high amount of Lactic acid and Cortisol triggered me off again with anxiety. Since moderating the intensity I have been fine.

Chin up.

EKB
10-07-17, 23:47
Cheese and crackers, mmmm nice.

We get these blips, but you do seem capable of managing them which is fantastic.

Dont over do the exercise intensity, I did and I think the high amount of Lactic acid and Cortisol triggered me off again with anxiety. Since moderating the intensity I have been fine.

Chin up.

Good advice. I've been having another flare up today - again, knowing full well there's a root cause here that's not able to be addressed at this time - and I had my first real work out in a couple of weeks. I've been panic city this afternoon - and then I remembered your reply and the lightbulb went off.

Bah. Anxiety.

Pea Tear Griffin
15-07-17, 20:39
We all get them so my escape is XBOX :) do you play Games OP?

EKB
03-09-17, 19:38
Sorry, I've been sporadically on here and missed your question - I do game a bit, but don't have the time I'd like to devote to it. Also have a weekly D&D game with some folks irl that's a nice diversion sometimes. :)