PDA

View Full Version : Just some words of encouragement

Worrygirl32
13-06-17, 04:25
For the past week I have been incredibly stressed and anxious over a problem that I ultimately had no control over.

I am sure there are many of you in the same position, that is why I felt the need to post this. Today was the first day in a week that I made the conscious decision to not be a prisoner to my anxiety. I stayed off google for most of the day (hence I said most, I still get tempted) and it has been to my benefit. Today was the first day in about a week that I was able to eat and actually enjoy dinner. My anxiety had my stomach in knots and I had absolutely no appetite.

I spent some time meditating and in prayer and it has truly made a difference in my life. I just want to remind everyone that life is what you make it, and you only get this one life to live so live it without fear. Yes, in life you will go through stressful and worrying situations but life is 10% of what happens to you and 90% how you react to it. Do not stress over what you can't control.

Take a minute and unplug from the internet, unplug from google and everything else that is causing you to feel less than your happy self. Find a hobby, engage with friends, read a book, meditate, pray, anything that is going to help you become a better version of yourself. That is when you will start to thrive. Drive out all those negative thoughts and emotions. I know firsthand how challenging it can be. But it starts with a choice and a decision. I promise you will feel sooo much better and the problems you're worrying about now (no matter how big or bad they may seem) will actually not seem as terrible.

Wish you the best.

(I wrote this because I wish I could have read it when I was worrying and panicking non-stop, it is a good reminder of what is important in life)

Melonpony
13-06-17, 04:26
Great post! Thank you

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk