PDA

View Full Version : New Stoke Or Surrounding Areas!

Bigboyuk
13-06-17, 13:07
Hi thought I would ask any one fancy a coffee and a chat in stoke or surrounding areas would be good to catch up with fellow sufferers who wants some company even if it's just to vent I don't mind :) Thank you ATB

SadMan
15-06-17, 23:22
Hi. There are only few days left, but there is a walk group, called mental health mates and it will be held in Stoke, 18th of June. check this website for more info:
http://mentalhealthmates.co.uk/walks/

Catherine S
16-06-17, 01:15
It looks great Dave, keep fit, meet new people and possibly end up in the pub, it's definitely worth a try.

:)

Bigboyuk
16-06-17, 12:37
Hi. There are only few days left, but there is a walk group, called mental health mates and it will be held in Stoke, 18th of June. check this website for more info:
http://mentalhealthmates.co.uk/walks/ Hi I Have looked at it and it might be worth investigaiting so thanks, Mind you still a shame that everyone on here is in their own little world and don't want to make new friends like I do and that's the sad thing. Thanks again :) Cheers

---------- Post added at 12:37 ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 ----------

It looks great Dave, keep fit, meet new people and possibly end up in the pub, it's definitely worth a try.

:) HI Cath it does look ok so will contact the organiser about it :) Cheers

Catherine S
16-06-17, 12:59
Dave, the people who meet up for these walks are people who all have mental health issues the same as people here do, and this particular group are people who live in the Stoke area. Ok so you'll have to get to know them, but they look like a good mix from what I've seen. It has to be better than constantly trying to organise meetings with people from the forum. Go for it :yesyes:

Cath ☺

KK77
16-06-17, 13:40
Go for it Dave! Your tenacity is proving legendary and will pay off :D

I'd even give you a job in Complaints but our staff keep resigning and coming back the next day :wacko:

Bigboyuk
16-06-17, 14:21
Go for it Dave! Your tenacity is proving legendary and will pay off :D

I'd even give you a job in Complaints but our staff keep resigning and coming back the next day :wacko:Hey thanks KK :) and yes nature of the beast I think perhaps pay them a little more:whistles: will let you all know how I get on too :) Cheers

---------- Post added at 14:21 ---------- Previous post was at 14:18 ----------

Dave, the people who meet up for these walks are people who all have mental health issues the same as people here do, and this particular group are people who live in the Stoke area. Ok so you'll have to get to know them, but they look like a good mix from what I've seen. It has to be better than constantly trying to organise meetings with people from the forum. Go for it :yesyes:

Cath ☺Well sent a email to the stoke one, not sure if it got sent my damn email provider is having a lot of problems been like this for months and still haven't fixed the problems ahh Cheers Edit: No one has got back to me as yet I am so fed up and tired now going to give up unless some one here would like to meet up but I doubt this very much so sad Cheers

Bigboyuk
17-06-17, 16:27
Damn,damn the email address on the site for that particular walk is invalid WTF is going on I cant cope with this shit tried It on my phone and it says the email address is a invalid email address :huh:

MyNameIsTerry
17-06-17, 16:37
Can't you just turn up?

They look a good idea.

There are other walking groups around here too. They are for anyone but they talk about how it's a help for people who are lonely or have problems preventing them getting out. Do you know about them? Their walks are regular.

Bigboyuk
17-06-17, 16:47
Can't you just turn up?

They look a good idea.

There are other walking groups around here too. They are for anyone but they talk about how it's a help for people who are lonely or have problems preventing them getting out. Do you know about them? Their walks are regular. No only found out via Sadman the other day and then to find the email address is wrong just makes it harder I could turn up how ever some walks require you register with the walk leader this stoke one doesn't seem to require registraition but nothing seems to go to plan for me really fed up with it all Thank for your reply :) Cheers

MyNameIsTerry
17-06-17, 17:07
Could just be a mistake. It would be a shame to miss out on something that could help.

It feels like you're being pushed back every step of the way but I would write if off as an error rather than anything intentional.

I felt that went I was trying to get into therapy. It took 3 attempts by my GP. This was demoralising as I was crying out for help and it's the last thing you need. I finally got to the assessment and asked about this. They said they only had one referral letter and it was the most recent. They aimed for 30 day timescales in response to them. I spent over a year in two levels of help/therapy and not once did they ever let me down. Their comes were spot on every time. They made the whole experience as easy on the user as possible.

Contrast that to my GP surgery. Prescriptions denied on the basis my asthma had suddenly been cured over 25 years of treatment and yet no GP even saw me to make that judgement. Witnessing a woman on long term Benzo's denied them without a withdrawal plan. Sitting in the chemists across from my surgery and the pharmacist refusing to issue meds due to dangerous side effects of combing them.

My surgery were more likely to be at fault in not sending referrals. They could have even been lost in the post.

You would tell me you understand my annoyance over it but not to let it stop me.

Catherine S
17-06-17, 17:09
Or you could just send SadMan a PM and ask for more information that way. He's online now in fact.

MyNameIsTerry
17-06-17, 17:11
http://mentalhealthmates.co.uk/walks/

Thanks for posting this. I wasn't aware of this service, only the more general national walks one.

Sitting in the sun having a chat is a great idea. Exercise in sunlight & fresh air is known to be better than indoor forms and encouraging those with mental health issues to get out into nature is what we need. It helps to ground you.

Have you thought of posting a thread about it on the useful threads board? It would be well worth it so others see it.

Bigboyuk
17-06-17, 17:39
Could just be a mistake. It would be a shame to miss out on something that could help.

It feels like you're being pushed back every step of the way but I would write if off as an error rather than anything intentional.

I felt that went I was trying to get into therapy. It took 3 attempts by my GP. This was demoralising as I was crying out for help and it's the last thing you need. I finally got to the assessment and asked about this. They said they only had one referral letter and it was the most recent. They aimed for 30 day timescales in response to them. I spent over a year in two levels of help/therapy and not once did they ever let me down. Their comes were spot on every time. They made the whole experience as easy on the user as possible.

Contrast that to my GP surgery. Prescriptions denied on the basis my asthma had suddenly been cured over 25 years of treatment and yet no GP even saw me to make that judgement. Witnessing a woman on long term Benzo's denied them without a withdrawal plan. Sitting in the chemists across from my surgery and the pharmacist refusing to issue meds due to dangerous side effects of combing them.

My surgery were more likely to be at fault in not sending referrals. They could have even been lost in the post.

You would tell me you understand my annoyance over it but not to let it stop me.Hi Terry Yes I can see it has to be a error but it's still a let down and emailed via the contact us link on the website so hopefully that error will cleared up it's just like another nail in the coffin so to speak jus hope I run out of nails than the lid wont be firmly shut ha ha :) And knew it wasn't intentional but it did seem like it if that makes sense?! And yes I would tell you that Terry Cheers

---------- Post added at 17:39 ---------- Previous post was at 17:37 ----------

Or you could just send SadMan a PM and ask for more information that way. He's online now in fact.
I could but there would be no point as he probably got the site off google I think I may just turn up and see :) Cheers

Catherine S
17-06-17, 17:49
Oh, I thought he posted it because he was part of the group himself.

Bigboyuk
18-06-17, 13:53
Well where do I start on this I was in a right bad place, Again I did send a email to the office of the walking group my details was passed on to the walk leader of the group, who called me last night. And was willing to pick me up in their car a few miles out from where I lived to the starting point of the walk already had walked 2 miles to where he picked me up from then did a full hr walking with the rest of the group every one seemed so friendly too :) had a walk round the university campus and ended up at the famous Sneed hall (that spelt wrong lol ) apparently this hall was built for the owner of the colleries round here including the sneed coal field in SOT he bought a big flask of tea and we all had a good time, going again next month You bet:yesyes: beats being on line all day so any one in a similar situation and is stuck at home check the website out for walks in your area it's definitely a eye opener you have to come out of your comfort zone like I did and once you do you wont look back yay Also took my Nipper, she enjoyed it too! now lieing down tired out lol Cheers

---------- Post added at 13:53 ---------- Previous post was at 13:45 ----------

Thanks for posting this. I wasn't aware of this service, only the more general national walks one.

Sitting in the sun having a chat is a great idea. Exercise in sunlight & fresh air is known to be better than indoor forms and encouraging those with mental health issues to get out into nature is what we need. It helps to ground you.

Have you thought of posting a thread about it on the useful threads board? It would be well worth it so others see it. Yes very helpful :) Prehaps make it a sticky post so it doesn't have to be kept bumping it up within a thread think it would benefit a lot of members on here :) Cheers

Catherine S
18-06-17, 14:36
Dave, be proud. That's a great achievement and being able to get out in the fresh air and have a laugh with people who are fellow sufferers too is worth alot. Especially since your nipper can go with you on some of the walks. Well done that man...and his dog :D

Cath

Bigboyuk
18-06-17, 15:47
[QUOTE=Catherine S;1688105]Dave, be proud. That's a great achievement and being able to get out in the fresh air and have a laugh with people who are fellow sufferers too is worth alot. Especially since your nipper can go with you on some of the walks. Well done that man...and his dog :D

Cath[/QUOTE Iam proud beats sitting in feeling sorry for your self think more members should give it go I recommend it totally Yes Nipper can go any walk too :) We are going to Barlaston Downs next month and I am promised a lift both ways too off the leader Yay Cheers

Catherine S
18-06-17, 18:55
Fabaroonie. If I was still in Staffordshire i'd be joining in too, i t really does have some of the best landscapes in the country. Enjoy it Dave.

:)

Bigboyuk
18-06-17, 19:59
Fabaroonie. If I was still in Staffordshire i'd be joining in too, i t really does have some of the best landscapes in the country. Enjoy it Dave.

:) Haven't heard that word for a long time LOL but it was yes there is some lovely scenery round here, cant wait till next month one of the members is baking some individual chocolate cakes and Barlaston Downs is really nice country side. 3 new member also turned up too one is a dog owner
Well when you back to uk perhaps see if there is a local walk group by checking your area :) I aren't look back now, Moving on:yesyes: Cheers

Catherine S
18-06-17, 21:42
I was thinking the same thing, I might look into it in North Wales when we get settled, I mean, come on...Snowdonia? Doesn't get much better than that. There's also a great walk along the Offa's Dyke Way that we've got in our future walking plans, but being part of a group would be great.

You could start a thread to keep us updated on all the different walks you take part in.

Cath :)

MyNameIsTerry
19-06-17, 04:44
Nice one, Dave. :yesyes::yahoo:

They sound like a good group. Not everyone would be willing to pick strangers up.

I bet your doggie was panting like mad today in this heat? :woof

Bigboyuk
19-06-17, 09:39
Thanks Terry :) That's Very true Mind you I had walked from 'castle to Keele Round about something I haven't done for ages, but knowing there was group waiting I thought I aren't going to be on my own :) Yes she was panting like mad but also enjoyed being out too. So it was a great experience!! Cath think that would be a great idea Wales too has some fantastic scenery too Yes probably will set up another thread about these walks thanks:) I do recommend it to any one stuck in doors feeling sorry for them selves to try this group you can take pets and even some one with you and you don't even have to a MH condition either! Cheers

Bigboyuk
27-06-17, 12:20
While I will be going on more walks with some really nice people both normal and those who have MH conditions they are only once a month, and I need more people in my life. so will respectfully ask if any one is really lonely and lives in stoke or any where in staffs, and would like a coffee and a chat it's really not too much to ask folks :) Thank you Cheers

MyNameIsTerry
27-06-17, 12:34
Did you ever check these out?

https://www.walkingforhealth.org.uk/walkfinder/stoke-trent-closer-home-walking-network

Changes used to promote them and the leaflets are in GP surgeries. These are a national scheme and regular. You can also become a coordinator and set up new walks I think.

welshgirl in crewe
10-07-17, 22:39
Hi I am in crewe and would like to meet new ppl x

Bigboyuk
12-07-17, 14:39
Hi I am in crewe and would like to meet new ppl x Well if you can get to stoke I would be happy to have chat and coffee. Cheers