PDA

View Full Version : is it panic or anxiety

nomorepanic
19-04-03, 23:52
There is a fine line between panic and anxiety. I think that I suffer more from anxiety than panic now as I feel anxious in certain situations but I do not panic as such. I think the mind is very poweful so I still feel anxious in situations that I used to Panic in - I guess this is better but still scary.

Matt
26-04-03, 01:19
Never thought of it like that before but your 100% correct! I suppose I have more anxiety now than actual panic too!

Sometimes I am anxious that I am going to panic if that makes any sense?

Nice forum:)

m

nomorepanic
28-04-03, 21:25
[V] I know how you feel. It is situations that I used to panic in that now cause me anxiety and then this can sometimes lead on to panic.

Weird how the brain works isn't it?

Thanks for replying

Nic

Matt
30-04-03, 17:48
Wierd aint it? I never actually get to the panic stage anymore just the kinda "oooohhhhhh god something nasty is gunna happen" feeling which still puts me off going certain places or doing certain things! Even though I know it cant kill me etc it still scares me! lol

Like u say bizzarre how the brain works:o

No worries for replying!:D

m

panicdaemon
02-05-03, 23:03
Yep. The brain is a strange organ. I dont panic anymore because of the medication im on, but I always have the nagging feeling in the back of my mind of all the things that used to bring on a panic attack. I think also the meds have stopped my OCD, which really was the major trigger of an attack for me.
I remember once having a massive panic attack after taking two paracetemol for a slight headache. I began thinking 'What if those cause my liver to fail?'. Then... well, You know the rest :)

There is nothing to fear but fear itself

Joanne
03-05-03, 01:14
Do u think ingredients in paracetamol tablets could cause attacks????
Cos I get headaches alot~ and take paracetamol.
xxxx Jo

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by frost.

nomorepanic
19-06-03, 14:05
I don't think so Jo - you could try aspirin for a while to see what happens.

Nic

peaceofmind
05-08-09, 12:59
Yes...it's a good sign we're all panicing alot less/or not at all...mabey eventually we'll all start getting less anxious too/not anxious at all.... a natural regression or something...here's hoping :) lets keep doing the exercises

Julie

krog
05-08-09, 23:01
I find that I don't go into full blown panic anymore. I am sometimes on the brink but I recognise the onset and manage to deal with it.
I do however suffer with anxiety in periods. I can pretty much deal with the physical symptoms but the mental ones are the ones I am yet to master. I recognise that in my case it's mental tiredness that brings my anxiety on but when the irrational thoughts and intense self-focusing kicks in, I'm generally out of it for a few miserable days.
Need to work on that aspect of it a bit more I guess.