PDA

View Full Version : Positive or backwards?

malc38
04-11-04, 09:34
Hi to everyone on here,
I havent been on here for a couple of months now as i thought things were getting slightly better ( i do feel guilty about this )unfortunatley wasnt the case and i have had a bit of a bad month. Anyway went to see my doctor yesterday who has reffered me to go and see a concellor again ( i only stopped going in june ) in some ways i feel like ive gone backwards, but i also feel positive because im doing something about it
Im not on any medication at the moment apart from some pills i was given to help if things got really bad of which i try to avoid taking if i can.
Anyway i'll keep you all posted how things go!, lets hope that we can all find our cure for this and be rid of it forever.

take care everyone
malc

KW
04-11-04, 09:49
Hi Malc

I'm sorry you feel this way but i think you've shown you're strong to not let it beat you.

Hope you feel better soon.

KW

vernon
04-11-04, 10:20
hi malc, I feel the same latley seem to be going back. but they say its slow and have to go back a little before we can go forward tc Vernon

Rennie1989
04-11-04, 11:07
ow i get that, ur really positive then u go downhill!

hope ur feeling alot better

Scooter Girl

if i was hungry would you feed me, if i fell you help me up, if i was crying would you brush away my tears

mico
04-11-04, 12:19
Counselling sounds positive to me. Anxiety is a complicated business, we feel we are getting better, then we feel we are getting worse, then at other times we feel we arn't moving at all. As you go through all of this, you are going through a learning experience, learning more about yourself and the ways that anxiety affects your body and mind. If you never had any difficulties along the way, you would never be forced to look at your situation from different and new perspectives, which in turn allow us to know what we are looking at when we look at our anxiety. Knowledge is power. As long as you are trying to be positive about the whole situation then you will be moving in the right direction whether you think you are or not. You're always going to have bad spells, changes, etc, but these are all important in the learning process and can actually help you to get to where you want to be. Just keep positive about it.

mico

Karen
04-11-04, 13:03
Hi Malc

I'm sorry to hear you are going through a bad patch. We all feel like we are going backwards sometimes.

Going to see a counsellor seems like a positive step so well done.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

seh1980
04-11-04, 13:18
Hi Malc,

Sorry to hear that you have had a bad month but like you say, you are doing something about it which is good. Good luck with the counselling!!

Sarah :D

Laurie28
04-11-04, 13:38
Hiya Malcolm,

Take this for what it is - a blip

Unfortunetely (for most of us anyway) we don't get better straight away and stay that way. We have blips and we get over them and we come out the other end even stronger

You will get there eventually - good luck with the counselling

Lucky

rick
04-11-04, 21:02
Hi Malc...

We all go thru times when we feel like we're making no progress at all...

I think the counselor is a good idea. For me, I can get antsy and down in the dumps if I have lots of stress or personal conflicts going on. The counselor may be able to pinpoint certain things which are triggering these feelings, or, perhaps, just listen to you get things off your chest. Either way, I'm sure you'll feel better after talking to him (or her).

Keep your chin up, and know that this will pass...

Take care,

Rick

It is better to be a free bird than a captive king...

malc38
05-11-04, 09:08
Hi everyone,
Thanks to you all who replied your messages of support mean a lot:D, im still feeling quite rough but that may be due to this cold virus thingy i have at the min. It seems whenever i feel a bit ill or whatever the anxiety and panic hit straight away.

oh well hope everyone has a panic free day!
take care
malc

Meg
05-11-04, 17:30
It is true that when we're physically unwell things seem that much more overwhelming .
Also, being ill means that our heart rates and breathing rates change to cope with that and we often misinterpret these as anxiety .

Take care

Meg

It is impossible to get out of a problem by using the same kind of thinking that it took to get into it.
- Albert Einstein.