PDA

View Full Version : Elbow nerve pain. Anyone else relate?

Timb2
13-06-17, 15:10
Does anyone else have bad nerve pain in their elbows sometimes down into their hands?

Cakelady
15-06-17, 21:48
I have the past few days, been agony! Don't know if it's the same for you but it's my ulnar nerve (runs through elbow & I get pain in my small finger & ring finger. Have you had it a while?

Timb2
16-06-17, 00:52
Yes, it radiates into my arm down into my hands! It has come and gone for about 6 months.

Does this happen on both arms? Mine does

I've seen 2 neurologists and they have found nothing. My theory is muscle tension pushes on the nerves?

Cakelady
16-06-17, 13:36
Sounds like mine but I just have it in one arm. I think the nerve is vulnerable to compression because of the little holes it passes through. I think I damaged mine due to excessive hours painting last weekend! Have you found anything helps? I was told I can't use a splint anything that compresses it won't help & may make it worse.

Timb2
16-06-17, 16:41
Stretching my arm muscles seems to be helpful. Mine comes and goes!

maianixon
17-06-17, 15:43
So I had this exact thing and went to see a physiotherapist, he said that it can be from muscle tension from anxiety which then irritates the nerve. Obviously, hands are a part of body you use A LOT so its then in turn more likely to hurt. Also pain does this thing where it radiates to other parts of your body so he said what I perceived as "nerve pain" in my elbows could be either tension from hands/wrists or shoulders reflecting itself there.