PDA

View Full Version : Help please

yorkylover
09-05-07, 13:33
Well only 3 days to go!!!!!:ohmy: :ohmy:
Today I have started to get bits ready for my holiday and I have this sicky feeling in my tummy,and I keep getting that rush over me like Im going to panic.Im starting to get these thoughts now,like what if I fall ill,where is the nearest dr,hospital ect.What if I die in my sleep will my partner get arrested.Tell me this is just anxiety please,I think I know it is.:weep:
I want to be excited,but its hard.
Does anyone find when they get really excited about something it can bring on a panic attack.
Im worrying about the journy now as well its about 4hrs,but we have stops for the dog.What if I feel like I did last year,so ill,so anxious,depressed:weep:
This is just anxiety isnt it.

Granny Primark
09-05-07, 13:53
Ellen I felt exactly the same last year when we were going out just for a day to visit friends. The journey was only 1 hr away but it had been a few months since id been so far away from home since started with panic attacks 6 months previous.
Half way there and i started to panic my hubby stopped the car and i got out my rescue spray,paper bags and bottle of water.He asked me if i wanted to turn back. No way was i going back! It would have disappointed him and friends and id have felt a complete failure.
After about 15 mins we decided to carry on.
I felt absolutely fantastic when we arrived at our friends. I was so pleased with myself.
We had a great day. :D Me and my friend even went shopping in their city centre. (it was my first visit to a primark:D )
The anticipation is far far worse than the event itself.

Ellen you go on your hol and have a fantastic time and come back and tell us how great it was.
Heres some :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: before you go.

Lots of love
Take care
LYNN XX

p.s. Im hoping to go to scotland in a months time so your success story will help and encourage me.

yorkylover
09-05-07, 15:59
Thank you Lynn:)

groovygranny
09-05-07, 16:12
Yes Ellen......it's anxiety.

Like Lynn says, plenty of stops on the way and you'll be fine......

....and enjoy yourself ok?

What are we like eh? :hugs:

:flowers:

yorkylover
09-05-07, 23:14
Thank you groovygranny:hugs:
Even more worried now,one of our dogs,the newfoundland has got to go for blood tests tomorrow morning.Vet thinks he may have colitis.I am praying it is just colitis.

samc100
10-05-07, 19:28
Hope your dog is ok.

You probably have a drill for going away. Eat only light things like toast the day before. Don't eat on the day of travelling until you get there but take sips of water and bags of barley sugars.

You know it is the anxiety causing the tummy aches and pains. When you get to your destination have a relaxing evening and don't push yourself too hard the following day.

I think I recall last hols you were pretty anxious? But this time won't be as bad.

I really admire you doing this - I am still struggling with the travel thing. Have a lovely time and hope the sunshines!

franfhm
10-05-07, 19:38
Heya I hope you have some news on your dog and that he is ok.

I get anxious at the slightest thing, I'm supposed to be going out tomorrow evening (for a few drinks in to town) and I've wound myself up about it something chronic.

I hope you have a great holiday, you'll be fine as soon as you get there :hugs:

kazzie
10-05-07, 20:10
Hi Ellen have pmd you :hugs:

It is just anxiety it often makes us feel the same as when we are excited and if you are anxious and excited at the same time you get a double whammy!!!!

I hope you have a lovely holiday:yesyes:

Any news on doggie yet????

Luv Kaz x x x:hugs:

groovygranny
12-05-07, 00:34
Hi Ellen

All the best for tomorrow - hope little four-legged friend is ok.:shrug:

It's absolutely piddling down here - so I hope you're bringing the sunshine wiht you !:shades:

Have a lovely time!:D

TIP: Put your jam on your scone before the clotted cream (not like those foreigners in Cornwall who put the cream on first!) -any other way and it is not a genuine Devonshire Cream Tea!

http://www.westcountrynow.com/foodfestival/cream_tea.jpg :yesyes::yesyes::yesyes:

yorkylover
12-05-07, 01:21
Dogs blood tests were all clear.:yesyes: Thank you so much for all your replys.
I may have to put of the holiday for a day or two.Iv been over A & E all evening.My brother took an overdose,its not the first time.This time it is quite bad.He took a load of carbamazipine and alcohol.when I saw him it scared me to death.He is stable at the moment.I have just got in.They are keeping him sedated until the morning when he will see the mental health team.I coped really well,I didnt have a full blown PA,but was reaching in the loo,had to open my bowels and was shaking ect but I coped very well.Feel totally drained now.:weep:

samc100
12-05-07, 13:37
Oh Ellen - life just doesn't give you any breaks does it?
Although not the time to say so - but huge well done on coping at the hospital so bloomin' well. You should be really chuffed with yourself for that.
I hope the mental health team get into action for your brother and he's still improving today - hopefully that will be the help that you and your parents need.
And I hope you get away on hols soon.
Sx

yorkylover
12-05-07, 16:53
Havent managed to go away yet!!!!
Brother is still very bad,the drugs havent come out of his system yet.He is in a bad way at the moment,they have had to get security to help him.he has started to hallucinate,be violent.He has fallen out of bed and cut his head open.There is nothing I can do.I want to be here for my parents,so feel guilty about going away.Its not the first time he has done this.He has bipolar.
I will see what happens today.

kazzie
12-05-07, 17:27
Oh Ellen:hugs:

I got your pm but messed up reply so will reply here

Im so sorry to hear the news about your brother

I really dont know what to say but I will keep my fingers crossed that he will be ok

Of course you must stay and support your parents and I hope You get sorted out with your holiday soon

You are in my thoughts and prayers:hugs:

Luv Kaz x x x:hugs:

honeybee3939
12-05-07, 17:54
Ohh Ellen

I am so sorry to hear this! I do hope your brother will be ok.

Thinking of you Ellen !:hugs:

Hugs too
:hugs: :hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

groovygranny
12-05-07, 18:29
Oh my, Ellen.......I've just read this and I'm so sorry.

I hope the strength that you showed in the hospital will remain with you for however long you need it love.

Thinking of you.

http://shema.onehome.ru/img/cd_020/images/teddy_hugs.jpg