PDA

View Full Version : Wife's ovarian cysts (maybe PCOS) and spotting and upper abdominal pain

lofwyr
13-06-17, 18:18
(Cross posting this between here and Anxiety Central, so sorry if I am hitting you up twice)

So, I have a question for the ladies of the group, being as I am curious as to my wife's woes.

First of all, she is 43, 44 in July. She has had this issued with upper abdominal pain for the last 18 years, it is episodic, comes and goes, but she describes it like a painful crampy feeling.

She finished her period a over a week ago, but had a resurgence of the pain combined with new spotting. Her period has become massively irregular in the last year, probably attributable to periomenopause (she thinks). Anyway, her spotting is not heavy, but it is there, and I can tell she is a little worried about it, so soon after her period and accompanied with the pain.

I should say, she is not an HA person like me, she is more worried about it because she just wants it gone. She does have a couple, but not many symptoms of PCOS, but not diagnosed at all.

The thing is, for the pain she had a CT scan two months ago, which came back clean, except for numerous ovarian cysts (she has had them since the birth of our son 19 years ago, so they were not a surprise either), and a small umbilical hernia. Anything else like cancer etc. would have been detected, right? Can ovarian cysts cause that sort of pain and spotting? Obviously I won't google it, EVER, so thought I would turn to people here and see what the experience of others might be.

You ladies are so darn tough.