PDA

View Full Version : 2 days in!

Richard0026
13-06-17, 19:19
So wanted to say hello to everyone!

I was only diagnosed with GAD a few days ago after spending a number of months keeping quiet and hiding everything!

This forum has given me so much information and after just taking my second setraline tablet it has given my hope that there may be positive things to come.

Richard

venusbluejeans
13-06-17, 19:24
Hiya Richard0026 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Bigboyuk
13-06-17, 19:29
Welcome aboard Richard to NMP while you have been only recently diagnosed with GAD only a couple of days ago, the quicker it's treated the easier you should find it :) So what has the dr said and what's next for your recovery? Do you also suffer from depression too? Hope you recover soon! ATB

Richard0026
13-06-17, 19:36
Hey.

For the last month I have been backwards and forwards to the doctor and then this week I just broke down and explained everything.... I have been suffering really badly with chest pains and dizzyness and have been avoiding doing things at work because I was getting myself into a real state... Last week I had to get myself prepared to cross a road. Whilst I haven't been told I have depression I have been crying a fair bit.

The doctor has started my off with 50mg Setraline so took first one last night (had a terrible nights sleep and felt sick and dizzy today) Just taken my second tablet about half an hour ago as reading this forum it is clear things will get a bit dodgy before getting better.

It is my birthday on Sunday and family have loads planned - just hope I am okay on the tablets by then!

Bigboyuk
13-06-17, 19:48
Hi Iam sorry to hear this It will take some time for the meds to settle, if they don't simply go back to dr, is your dr also sorting out some therapy as well? Hope you do enjoy your birthday on sunday :)

Richard0026
13-06-17, 19:52
I have an appointment to go back in three weeks so hopefully it will all have settled.

I am going to get the therapy side done through work ( although as I don't know what has caused me feeling the way I do not really sure what assistance this may offer,)