PDA

View Full Version : Elastic Bands

Tiggs
09-05-07, 15:10
A freind of mine suggested that I wear an elastic band & when I feel a panic attack coming on - ping it really hard against your wrist & the 'pain' will stop the attack from progressing. I have tried it in the past & it actually does seem to help.

Tiggs :flowers:
-x-

honeybee3939
09-05-07, 15:25
Hi Tiggs

Thank for that, what a great idea ! :) :)

Elastic bands are now on my shopping list! will give it a go.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

jo61
09-05-07, 15:33
They're also very useful for negative thoughts. If you feel one coming on, twang the band and it reminds one of the fact that it's a negative thought, stops it in its tracks and hey, no anxiety resulting!
:)

alexis
09-05-07, 17:55
I have used elastic bands for over a year now, they are also good to twiddle if talking to someone you feel uneasy with,sometimes I am aware of all the knots etc in them as ive twisted them around and around but not one person has commented, although one close friend bought me an elastic bracelet for my birthday, another good thing is blu tack i always have a piece handy to pull and stretch, works wonders, as do stress balls but the small ones to fit in pockets are not so easy to find nowadays.

Dave777
09-05-07, 18:00
Hi Tiggs, great idea!, I'll give it a go....... nothing quite like the twaaaang of elastic
:winks:

D.x

nomorepanic
09-05-07, 19:41
I used to do this too.

It is meant to bring you back to the hear and now as it hurts so gives you a bit of a shock.

blackie
13-05-07, 11:09
Hiya
Got to try that one.
I was told that was good for people who self harm too although i didnt find it useful. But makes sence about the panics.
Thanks
Blackie

groovygranny
13-05-07, 18:37
Hi Tiggs,

I'm definitely going to try this....however I fear that knowing GG's reputatioin for catastrophe, she may well get it stuck on a door handle and be rapidly pinged into orbit !!

Still, she should come back to earth pretty quickly seeing as it's elastic an' all.....

Seriously I think the success of this must lie in it's simplicity - it's those things that usually turn up trumps don't you think?

Thanks! :flowers:

angiebaby
13-05-07, 18:41
I was told about this a few months ago and did try it, i have lots and lots of elestic bands from work, lol. Unfortunatly i tried it a few times and it was not painful, didn't do a think for me, but i am very willing to try it again. Anything is worth a try!!

weepinky
13-05-07, 23:16
ha ha we can always twang our knicker elastic if we have nothing else!!!!

Love Pinky

happyone
14-05-07, 14:56
Re the pinging
weepinky,

ha ha we can always twang our knicker elastic if we have nothing else!!!! LOL!
I am picturing myself doing that in a meeting or interview!! hee hee

Happyone