PDA

View Full Version : New to Forum

Bettyboo16
14-06-17, 12:36
Hi All
This is my first post and introduction to the forum hello all. I am middle aged, whatever that is nowadays not so young any more.

I have suffered with tension head aches for a number of years brought on supposedly by stress and anxiety. I have taken many different cocktails of tablets to try and get some relief non of which have totally worked. I take at the moment pain killers, plus occasionally diazepam when they are really bad which are a last resort, they help but have side effects and long term are addictive but they and the others are the only thing which bring it to a manageable level.

I would like to hear other people's way of coping and hopefully be able to cut down on tablet medication, so other alternative therapies I would be interested in.

I have no reason to be stressed and anxious, I possibly contribute slightly to the head aches by sleeping in unnecessary which I am trying to address this habit over the last few weeks as yet to no posative effect.

I would welcome any suggestions that I could try without spending a lot of money, thank you all

venusbluejeans
14-06-17, 12:43
Hiya Bettyboo16 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

fduop
14-06-17, 13:34
Good morning Bettyboo16. Other then medication I'd simply suggest exercise and mediation. Both are free, don't take up much time and are easy to do. The way I do it is by combining the two. At least once or twice a day I go to a nearby park or around the block in the evening when businesses are closed and I do a walking mediation.

All it basically is is walking without distractions. In other words I pay attention to what I see, don't wear headphones, and silently walk. For me it "kills two birds with one stone" I'm getting much needed exercise and mindfully observing what's around, thinking of nothing else.

I realize this is a very abbreviated description, but there are plenty of free helps on the internet. One suggestion would be Plum Village and the work they do tied into walking mediation here's a link: https://plumvillage.org/

Bettyboo16 hope this helps.

Rick(amateur)
14-06-17, 17:03
Hi Bettyboo16! Welcome to the forum! :welcome:

In addition to what fduop suggested, I also recommend keeping a journal. Just write about whatever you want whenever you don't want to leave your home. It helped me vent out my frustrations by getting them onto the page. It doesn't even have to be a long entry. Just something to do consistently so you can later read and see what's going through your head.

Hope this helps and I wish you best success in improving! :)

woolfmoon
16-06-17, 10:33
Hi and welcome! I recently joined and I know the need to talk to other people. Taking it a step at a time is definitely the best approach and I hope things improve steadily.

welshgirl in crewe
17-06-17, 13:21
Hi I suffer from bad migraines they run in the family have you ever tried acupuncture