PDA

View Full Version : Convincing yourself

dmc1892
14-06-17, 14:42
Hi,

How many of you guys convince yourself you have symptoms but you probably don't have any?

I'm currently sitting here really tense because im convincing myself i have a tight chest, i have been doing this for about 2 hours , and im sitting telling myself if it was something serious it would have happened by now but still cant shake the anxiety off

siwz991
14-06-17, 15:16
Hey, I cant count how many symptoms convinced me I'm sick. My favourite one is night sweats. 3 years ago I read something about lymphomas in web and after few days night sweats started. It lasted for 1.5 year, at least once for a week xD my mind's specialty is to create symptoms based on what I read or heard. And then HA begins. I'm fighting this and awaiting therapy. But I'm sure I can convince myself about ANY disease. And get symptoms xD take care!

snowghost57
14-06-17, 15:26
Please do yourself a favor and get out of your own head! Did you get up this morning with your own two legs, brush your teeth, take a shower? So many people can't even do this. Count your blessings and stop looking up symptoms on Google. Use therapy to challenge your thoughts or you can take medication. Only you can help you.

dmc1892
15-06-17, 15:54
Please do yourself a favor and get out of your own head! Did you get up this morning with your own two legs, brush your teeth, take a shower? So many people can't even do this. Count your blessings and stop looking up symptoms on Google. Use therapy to challenge your thoughts or you can take medication. Only you can help you.

i agree 100% , i am grateful for what i have , but i just have this mental weakness in my opinion, i've always had this wrrying side to me, the thing is im a laid back guy 90% of the time but when i worry about health issues etc it completely grips me at times, it's almost like i fear being taken away without fulfillinga good life.

at times i know im ridiculous i argue with myself!

Fishmanpa
15-06-17, 15:59
Hi,

How many of you guys convince yourself you have symptoms but you probably don't have any?

I'd conservatively estimate 97.834% of everyone here does that ;)

Positive thoughts