PDA

View Full Version : Having a rough time - BC fears

ihy138
14-06-17, 14:45
Hi all. A few weeks ago I noticed some nipple changes (red, itchy, darker in color) that concerned me and I had them checked out by my gyno. She sent me for a mammo/ultrasound (both were fine) and referred me to my dermatologist. The dermatologist wants to do a biopsy to rule out Paget's disease. She said "I really don't think it's Paget's" but I've read other doctors have said the same and, yep, it's Paget's. I'm 28 and I know Paget's is rare, even rarer in my age group. I'm beside myself with anxiety waiting for the biopsy on Friday, and then I have to wait again for the results. I don't want to do anything but lie in bed, although I'm forcing myself to work and get on with life. Anyone else ever experienced these changes? I'm so certain it's Paget's, don't see how it could be anything else :weep:

Mommy83
14-06-17, 15:15
I haven't had that but I have had two breast lumps removed and my first was removed at 25 and another at 33 actually this past Christmas. My doctors all told me it was nothing but I wouldn't leave it alone and they did a ultrasound at 25 and then just removed it bc I wouldn't hush. This past time while I was pregnant it kept growing g and of course I used Dr. GOOGLE who told me it was breast cancer and being preg with harmones elevated is bad. I returned to my gyno who sent me that day for a mom bc like last time they said it was nothing but I wouldn't stop. My mamo came back showing a mass so they did a diagnostic mamogram which showed a mass but still did a ultrasound that day which the radiologist said to biopsy. I got a report of my mamogram and at the bottom it said it most likly represents a fibroadenoma vs a phyllodes tumor so what did I do...google phyllodes tumor bc last time at 25 it was a fibroadenoma and I just knew in my head it was something else and it turned out phyllodes tumors could be a rare cancer so I freaked myself out. I went to my gyno who insisted it was nothing but my baby was 4 months old and holding him on that side I could literally feel a lot move so I went to my surgeon who looked at my results and and also still see him every 6 months since I was 25 and he said it was nothing but I demanded it be gone so on Dec 22 I had it removed and after surgery he said it was the size of a small apple. I waited for my biopsy and guess what....they were right and it costed me alot of money. I know it's hard to wait...I hate waiting but I'm sure it's nothing but I can tell you do not google! I recently had a lump on my upper arm and its still there. My surgeon told me it was scar tissue from a bad wreck I was in but google told me I have Sarcoma and it could spread to my lungs...it's hard but I am going to trust him and just keep a eye on it.