PDA

View Full Version : thoughts of me doing and saying scary things

H4rry
14-06-17, 16:29
Hi,
I've had Anxiety now for a number of months, firstly had sexual thoughts about family members which was very scary, but now I get thoughts of me doing things to embarrass myself and think I've gone mad. The thought is me pulling my trousers down in public, nothing else after that just me standing there with my trousers down, I also picture myself pulling them down slowly. I also get thoughts of me saying inappropriate things in public on the bus, work etc. Is this OCD and can anybody relate to this? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Homer47
14-06-17, 17:09
Hi harry have you seen a GP regarding your OCD. The very thought of the images and thoughts bothering suggest yes you may have OCD. I also had and still do now and again have unwanted sexual thoughts especially against my daughter, I no now there just thoughts just let them go etc. But when at first I had this when around the time my daughter was born I thought I was this evil disgusting peodo. As for pulling your pants down that's similar to acting out your thoughts. Something you don't want to do but your OCD latching onto the very thing you do not what to do. Like I say I ain't a GP I would recommend seeing one. Also you will find I am pretty sure people like yourself as me. Hope I slightly made you better.

H4rry
14-06-17, 21:16
Hi Homer47
Thanks the the reply, yeah I did see a GP and he suggested antidepressants called sertraline, I had really bad side effects after using them for only a couple of days nausea/bad dreams/ panick so left them all
together. I just feel it has made it worse and this new thoughts of me saying inappropriate things to embarrass myself I never had before and regret taking the antidepressants

I Don't Get it!
14-06-17, 21:42
I had bad side effects too, after taking Citalopram for 3 days. It took about a week to get the drug completely out of my system and feel back to "normal" again (my normal, anyway).

H4rry, find out everything you can about intrusive thoughts and OCD and having some knowledge about your condition will take some of the fear away.

H4rry
15-06-17, 01:15
Will do. Thanks for the response guys

MyNameIsTerry
16-06-17, 05:59
Yeah, fear of acting inappropriately is one of the themes seen in OCD. You may come across it sexual themes like this or harm themes like Hit-and-run-OCD and harm based themes.

Some other examples are shouting inappropriate things e.g. swearing loudly in a church or laughing at a funeral.

Like many things in OCD, they can be seen outside of anxiety too e.g. laughing at an inappropriate time can be seen in comedy shows. But with anxiety you find yourself worrying about it and trying to prevent it, when it's not going to happen.

I've always found my OCD to be about not trusting myself. I had lots of checking & touching themes which centred around this.