PDA

View Full Version : Hello I'm new

nailbiterbev
09-05-07, 16:44
Hello. Here's a description of a recent anxiety attack I'm only just recovering from. I was just wondering if anyone has experienced this for such a prolonged period of time...

I came back from my holiday a few days ago after suffering the most severe and prolonged bout of anxiety in my life. I have suffered panic attacks a good few times now but the last two or three have been unbearable and they're getting worse.

The most severe ones seem to be linked to illness. I had a bout of flu just before I went away, which led to an ear infection on holiday due to the pressure from flying. By mid to late week, I was feeling like I had the flu again and we decided to fly back early. The night before we flew home was one of the most harrowing nights of my life.

I was suddenly starting to get surges of anxiety sweeping all over me and adrenalin pumping through my body at a frightening rate. This has happened a couple of times when I've been very poorly and I know that feeling ill again, especially abroad, was what probably brought this on. Anyway, all night I felt a growing sense that something terrible was about to happen to me or my husband; my heart was pounding in my chest so hard that I thought it would break out! I can only describe the feeling as utter terror!

Along with this came the most acute case of restlessness I have ever experienced. I just paced up and down the hotel room all through the night. I couldn't even sit down unless some part of my body was moving; I was even rocking at one stage and thought I'd finally cracked. Needless to say, I didn't get a wink of sleep that night and the journey home was horrendous. These feelings lasted nearly three days; it was only when I could get to a walk in clinic and got some diazepam did the anxiety settle down.

This was the 3rd doctor I'd seen and the only one who would give me anything to help calm me down. In previous attacks, the doctors were unwilling to help at all; one even told me to drink warm milk! Why don't doctors take me seriously when I'm having these attacks? If only they could have a glimpse of how bad this feels.

So, to conclude, I now have a fear of being ill again and a fear of another anxiety episode. I also hate doctors because they don't take this seriously and they make me feel like I'm overreacting, yet the feelings are very much real to me!

honeybee3939
09-05-07, 17:31
Hi Bev

Just wanted to welcome you to NMP, its lovely to see you here, i hope we can be of help.:)

Have a good look round the site, especially the Symptoms, How to Cope and First Step pages sittuated at the left hand side of this page, we all understand what you are going through hun, but you can beat it Bev and where all here to help.:)

Hugs
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

trac67
09-05-07, 17:56
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xx

AdamD
09-05-07, 18:03
heya, welcome to nmp, you will find some great advise and make some great friends on this site...
hope to chat sometime :).
adam :)

manmoor
09-05-07, 18:32
Hi Bev,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

nomorepanic
09-05-07, 19:32
Hi and welcome aboard.

Lovely to see you here and hope we can be of some help.

groovygranny
09-05-07, 20:45
Hi Bev, big :welcome: to you!

Most of us have experienced just what you describe, so you're not alone and will get plenty of help and support here.

:flowers:

Zanxiety
09-05-07, 21:03
Welcome to the most coolest, and most friendlyest Panic and Anxiety forum available on this planet. Your very lucky to have found this place as most people feel very comforted on here, and with the useful information provided it can really help people understand what's happening to them when they get anxious. Eventually, when you get so used to this place, it will feel like you're in heaven as it really is such a nice place and we'll be here to get you through these horrid long spells of anxiety attacks your having.

The one and most important thing to remeber though is that they'll never kill you.

Do take care though, from Alex. ^_^

Southern_Belle
09-05-07, 23:13
Hi Bev,

Welcome to NMP. The best thing to know is you are not alone. You will find alot of information, support and will make friends here.

Hugs,

Laura :)

Granny Primark
10-05-07, 08:39
Hi bev
Welcome to the site. You will get so much help and support from the site and its members.
It was good to see you in chat last night. Pse speak up if any of us can help you in chat.
Its a good place to go to make friends, get advice and support. Its also good cus you can unwind and even have a laugh.

Take care
LYNN xx

Lindalou64
10-05-07, 12:22
HI BEV,
WELCOME,YOU ARE DEF NOT ALONE IM SURE YOU WILL FIND LOTS OF INFO AND SUPPORT AND I WISH YA THE BEST........LINDA XX

SANDYJANE
10-05-07, 12:28
hi and a big warm welcome.

love sandy xx

Pink Princess
11-05-07, 10:27
hey welcome to the site, you will get good advice and support here and make many friends along the way, take kare and talk soon xxxxxxx