PDA

View Full Version : Peace of Mind

ZLW_xo
14-06-17, 18:06
Well I've been feeling like I've not been myself since November last year. I woke up one Saturday with a numb little finger and my left side of my face was too. I felt quite sick and had really bad dizzy spells when I lent over. Well a week went past where the numbness went but I still didn't feel myself my mind was going blank and I was suffering with DP, which I had about 10 years ago when I was going through a bad patch with anxiety. Anyway I decided to google what was wrong with me and it came up with MS. I then thought what if what I had 10 years ago was MS too. I'm only 24 now so I would have been 13/14. And I'm now at the progressive stage.

Well to this day I have had everyone of these symptoms;

-Brain fog

-Feel like I'm losing my memory

-Feel like I'm not me anymore

-Aching

-Go through periods where my tongue feels burnt

-Left foot feels buzzing

-Right hand feels stiff sometimes

-Teary

-Get periods ( happened twice in May) where for about 5 days I have like a burning sensation all over my body, it's not painful just a weird kind of feeling

-Muscle twitching (all over, both eyes and under nose)

-Prickling feeling in feet and hands

-Get periods where when I walk my legs are walking but my mind is separate

-Keep getting random ( patchy) goosebumps everywhere

-Numbness feeling all over body( but it's not actually numb)

-Feel like I concentrate when I speak

-Dizziness

-Ears popping

-Flashes in vision

-Floaters

-Little fingers on each arm goes dead some nights but are ok when I stretch it out.

They don't all come at once and I only get them now and again. May I add I was diagnosed with Anxiety in March after several blood tests that all showed ok. I was prescribed with Setraline that I haven't actually taken because I read that the side affects are horrible.

I graduated from UNI in June and I am currently doing nothing with my life , I barely go out and I have lost contact with all my friends. All I do is live at home and watch each day go by. I don't know if this is just anxiety because I'm not doing anything and I have this thought I have MS in my head it's what's giving me these symptoms. But it just doesn't feel like Anxiety could give me all these symptoms. It's been constant since last November. Hoping for some peace of mind from anyone in the same boat really.

Zoe :)

Vikingbeast
14-06-17, 18:18
I started going ziggy boo in episodes after finishing my masters. I do believe the sensless pressure of education does trigger some of thi sstuff. I'm fighting the same war, so I feel your pain.

ZLW_xo
14-06-17, 18:26
Thing is through Uni I was under stress and I never felt like this. But now I have these feelings.. just don't get it :shrug:

CalvinB
14-06-17, 18:40
Hi just to let you know I have a LOT of the symptoms you are having - 19 and Male. I have been suffering from HA for almost over a year now. Anxiety can cause a whole lot of physical symptoms. It is because your brain is stressed out and constantly under strain from the worrying.

Sounds stupid I know but I can assure you I suffer from a lot of the symptoms that you do. Recently on top of a lot of the stuff you mentioned my left hand was feeling a little stiff and that led me to thinking I have ALS. Which is a very silly thing.

YOU ARE FINE!

Positive thoughts :)

Vikingbeast
14-06-17, 19:13
Thing is through Uni I was under stress and I never felt like this. But now I have these feelings.. just don't get it :shrug:

Pretty much the same here - I remember the LAST day after my two day comps driving home from the University crying. For what, hell if I know. Then about a year later it started - I think the start of it is subtle signs here and there, then bam.

Hell no you don't get it, nobody understands it. I still believe though that a lot of the needless pressure of modern society is a cause. I'm a historian, so I tend to look at things from a historical perspective.

Fishmanpa
14-06-17, 19:23
Just about everything you listed can be found here (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms).

Positive thoughts

lyndau63
14-06-17, 19:57
This sounds so much like migraine to me.

ZLW_xo
14-06-17, 20:05
This sounds so much like migraine to me.

Thing is I've suffered with Migraines for many years. My mum and brother do too and I've never had these symptoms before.

Like I've said I don't get all the symptoms at once , one day I'll have one and then focus on it then another week I'll have another and then I'll go back to having the previous symptoms. One thing that stays is the brain fog and not feeling myself.

Fishmanpa
14-06-17, 20:58
One thing that stays is the brain fog and not feeling myself.

Read this... (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms#Depersonalization_Derealization_Feeling_o f_unreality)

Positive thoughts

ZLW_xo
29-06-17, 12:52
Why can't I shake off that this is more then Anxiety? Every month I have this period where I feel worse! I'm never 100% but I seem to get all the symptoms at once. I'm going through it at the moment. Last week during the heatwave here in England I almost felt normal for 4 days. Then come this Tuesday I'm coming through this spell again, I think its due to the weather being rainy and damp and I just can't see how Anxiety will cause this. I just can't stop crying today! I think I may need to go back and see the GP because I'm just not getting better !

I know I'm driving myself crazy, I looked up what happens in a neurological exam and I'm constantly checking my reflexes and my strength! Plus I'm now fixated on one of my pupils being bigger then the other and I spent yesterday looking through pictures of myself to see if I've always had it. I know it's not healthy but I feel like I'm constantly needing to reassure myself ! :/

ZLW_xo
02-07-17, 19:05
I've looked back on dates and I've come the realisation that when my symptoms hit there peak it's when I'm due on my period.. could this be an anxiety link or MS link because having done my research, the both could cause this at time of a menstrual period ?

---------- Post added at 19:05 ---------- Previous post was at 16:24 ----------

Anyone? :unsure:

I've looked back on dates and I've come the realisation that when my symptoms hit there peak it's when I'm due on my period.. could this be an anxiety link or MS link because having done my research, the both could cause this at time of a menstrual period ?

gillebro
03-07-17, 14:28
It sounds like anxiety to me... especially because you say the symptoms come and go. If it were MS, I'd imagine there would be a touch more progression.

I think it's worth bearing in mind that anxiety has an enormous range of symptoms. tingling, numbness, eye floaters... they can all happen.

I hope that things start improving for you soon.

ZLW_xo
03-07-17, 14:39
Well I get little symptoms though the month mainly brain fog and just not feeling right! Now in the past month I've been getting prickly feeling in my right hand and right foot, it actually happened when I had a really bad abscess on my tooth 2 weeks ago! I was put on antibiotics and the sensation went.

But just before my period about a week ago, I've started getting the prickly sensation again.
I've also noticed that I always get more brain fog! and apart from this month, where I'm getting the prickly sensation, I've been having a burning sensation all over my body! This has happened for the past 4 months a weeks exactly before my period for 5 days!

May I add I know there must be some anxiety my period has changed. I have two a month at the start and then the end. I then miss a month! I know this is obviously down to my anxiety levels , seeing as I used to have it at the middle of each month every month.