PDA

View Full Version : Mirtazapine tabs 15 mg

southernstar66
09-05-07, 17:00
I have been to see my GP today about ongoing dailys PAs with anxiety and also low mood. She has prescribed me the above tablets which I dont really know anything about and I wondered if anyone else had either been prescribed them or knew anything about them? At the moment I am just dealing with the anxiety with intermittent Lorazepam. She said that the tablets wont work for 2 weeks and I cant use the Lorazepam in the meantime so I'm scared to start taking them without knowing more about them :shrug:

joy
10-05-07, 07:39
Like all a/ds they will work for some people. I dont understand why you cant take the Lorazapam as well while waiting for the a/ds to kick in unless its because Mirtazapine is supposed to make you sleepy.I might add they didnt make me sleepy. Didnt work either but thats another story!

Joy

jo61
11-05-07, 15:15
Hi, I've been on them for about 5/6 years and they've worked for me. I'm at a higher dose (45mg). They do make me sleepy so I take them at night but it's nice to be pretty sure I'll sleep within half an hour of taking them. Like all antidepressants they may take a few weeks to kick in. Good luck and let us know how you get on with them.

southernstar66
14-05-07, 19:03
Hi thanks for advice - I have finally gone to the pharmacy and got them now. May ring the advice line to check about Lorazepam and then give it a go :)