PDA

View Full Version : Feeling like air trapped in stomach

Justus
14-06-17, 22:02
I am not sure this is strictly speaking a health anxiety question, but I have had a couple of these episodes and wondered how much of what I am feeling is real and how much is perception.

The last couple of days, I have often felt like there was too much air trapped in my stomach, especially after coffee. I have an urge to burp but can't unless I swallow air intentionally. That's provide a bit of relief, like more air comes out than I put it.

It's perfectly possible that I have a bit of irritation going on. I've also been feeling a bit gassy, no pain but a bit weird in my stomach. But since stomach and mind are so closely linked, I was wondering if others have had this or even have it regularly.

Catherine S
14-06-17, 22:12
Anxious people tend to take in more air when so this might account for the extra gas in your stomach. The only thing you can do is to eat a little more slowly...don't rush meals, and even if you're eating on the go ...if that's your thing... try to 'cop a squat' somewhere and eat it at leisure if you can.

:)