PDA

View Full Version : Strange sleeping problems.

Kery
15-06-17, 00:48
I've had some strange symptoms that have been caused by anxiety in the past but I'm unsure about this recent one.

For over a month now after a couple of minutes of being in bed and falling asleep I will try to move a part of my body but will be unable to, it's like a delay but it only lasts a second or 2. It's happened to both of my arms, my foot, tongue and recently my eyelids. It's not exactly sleep paralysis (which I do get often) bc it isn't my whole body paralyzed and doesn't last as long, also I only get SP in the mornings.

It's sometimes accompanied by tingling in the affected body part, wave of adrenaline/anxiety in my head and on most occasions I wake up with my nose clogged with difficulty breathing. It doesn't happen every night though. I'd greatly appreciate any help on this issue please.

Lakme
15-06-17, 04:29
I've had some strange symptoms that have been caused by anxiety in the past but I'm unsure about this recent one.

For over a month now after a couple of minutes of being in bed and falling asleep I will try to move a part of my body but will be unable to, it's like a delay but it only lasts a second or 2. It's happened to both of my arms, my foot, tongue and recently my eyelids. It's not exactly sleep paralysis (which I do get often) bc it isn't my whole body paralyzed and doesn't last as long, also I only get SP in the mornings.

It's sometimes accompanied by tingling in the affected body part, wave of adrenaline/anxiety in my head and on most occasions I wake up with my nose clogged with difficulty breathing. It doesn't happen every night though. I'd greatly appreciate any help on this issue please.

I've never experienced sleep paralysis or anything like this specifically but I've had a couple of instances where my tongue suddenly went numb and I had a strange feeling in my arm where it felt weak. It didn't go away until I began to acknowledge that it was anxiety. Try exercising a bit and see if that helps. It's a known fact that anxiety can cause you to feel more strange sleep related symptoms, especially if it's causing you to wake up earlier than your typical sleep cycle.

Timb2
15-06-17, 05:07
I've had this several times.... extremely scary! I've been checked out and they couldn't find an issue. Over time it has lessened and not quite as scary.

Kery
15-06-17, 07:21
I've never experienced sleep paralysis or anything like this specifically but I've had a couple of instances where my tongue suddenly went numb and I had a strange feeling in my arm where it felt weak. It didn't go away until I began to acknowledge that it was anxiety. Try exercising a bit and see if that helps. It's a known fact that anxiety can cause you to feel more strange sleep related symptoms, especially if it's causing you to wake up earlier than your typical sleep cycle.

Funny enough I'd been ignoring it for a while but when I finally started dwelling on it and wondering if it was anxiety related I went the longest stretch without it occurring. Unfortunately it happened again last night.

I've had this several times.... extremely scary! I've been checked out and they couldn't find an issue. Over time it has lessened and not quite as scary.

That's unfortunate they didn't find what caused it but I'm glad I'm not alone in this since I couldn't find anything over it. I agree it's definitely a scary experience.

Timb2
16-06-17, 00:58
Ive heard that sleep apnea can cause this