PDA

View Full Version : Recurring cold

Chris1996
15-06-17, 01:19
Hi- really worried about this one because it doesn't seem to be caused by anything in particular- mostly want to know if anyone has experienced the same thing or knows what could be causing it.

Out of the blue beginning a couple of months ago, I've basically had a non stop cold. Literally back to back colds- with about a day in between so they definitely feel like different ones too. Each one starts with a sore throats that lasts about two days and then about a week of misery- fever, stuffed up nose, cough etc.

What's odd is that my diet hasn't changed (if anything it's got better) I take multivitamins every day and haven't been under unusual stress or anything like that- -and throughout my life I've never experienced anything like this. I am at uni(end of second year) so that might have something to do with it?

Any help, advice or common experience would be much appreciated!

Lakme
15-06-17, 04:25
Hi- really worried about this one because it doesn't seem to be caused by anything in particular- mostly want to know if anyone has experienced the same thing or knows what could be causing it.

Out of the blue beginning a couple of months ago, I've basically had a non stop cold. Literally back to back colds- with about a day in between so they definitely feel like different ones too. Each one starts with a sore throats that lasts about two days and then about a week of misery- fever, stuffed up nose, cough etc.

What's odd is that my diet hasn't changed (if anything it's got better) I take multivitamins every day and haven't been under unusual stress or anything like that- -and throughout my life I've never experienced anything like this. I am at uni(end of second year) so that might have something to do with it?

Any help, advice or common experience would be much appreciated!

How long has this been occurring and how frequently? I used to get sick all of the time but not back to back, I actually haven't caught a cold in months. I'm guessing one of the stranger side effects of anxiety.

Chris1996
15-06-17, 12:22
How long has this been occurring and how frequently? I used to get sick all of the time but not back to back, I actually haven't caught a cold in months. I'm guessing one of the stranger side effects of anxiety.

For a couple of months now and I think I've counted about 5 separate colds- all one after the other.

And yeah you could be right- I have heard that perhaps being unconsciously anxious can have an impact on every area of your body.