PDA

View Full Version : Hayfever/allergens causing fatigue?

ankietyjoe
15-06-17, 12:50
I'm wondering what your thoughts are on this.

I don't really suffer from hayfever any more in terms of the normal symptoms, but I'm wondering if anybody else has made a link between high pollen counts and feeling like crap.

This past week or two I've been feeling more and more tired, without any obvious cause. I realised last week I was watching the French Open tennis on the sofa, and recalled doing the same thing last year. I had a quick peruse at my Facebook history and I've realised that every year around this time I hit a wall and I'm flat on my back for a certain amount of time.

I'm not anxious right now, I'm not particularly stressed, but I am beyond fatigued, to the point where cooking a meal is exhausting. 4-6 weeks ago I was out in the garden planting pots, painting walls, staining decking etc. I wasn't being over exertive and I felt fine after doing that.

There must be a link between how I feel now and a high pollen count? :wacko:

Hollow
15-06-17, 13:02
I know someone who suffers from hayfever every year, i was speaking to him a few days ago and he was in a bad way and he did mention he had no energy in his body. I've also been suffering from unbelievable fatigue from past couple of months and it has nothing to with hayfever.

ankietyjoe
15-06-17, 13:20
Interesting.

My own research into chronic fatigue has pointed towards it being an issue with the immune system. I do wonder if the immune system can respond to pollen without the associated itchy eyes/sneezing/coughing etc?