PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have these symptoms please?

lyndau63
15-06-17, 16:59
Hi, I posted few days ago about problems with my tummy. Don't really want to write it all again but it was under the heading 'Something different ' if you have time to read. I am now becoming increadingly anxious abou niggling ache/ pain in kidney area. Not sure if I think I have pancreatic or kidney cancer but keep relating this pain to the fact that I am diabetic and could have developed one of these cancers . Diabetes is one of the symptoms and I have also lost weight. I am taking metformin which I know will have helped the weight loss. Anyone know anything about this type of pain. It is not severe and I have no blood in urine but just panicking.

braginskaya
17-06-17, 09:41
I sometimes get dull intermittent aches and pains in my abdomen, usually on the right side. A while ago I'd fully convinced myself I had liver or kidney cancer but the doctor said it was most likely cramps caused by anxiety, which makes sense given that they get worse/more noticeable during times of severe stress. Could something similar be going on with you - do you notice them more when you're anxious or worried?

lyndau63
17-06-17, 20:38
Thank you for replying. Yes I think I probably do get worse when I am worried. Some days I don't seem to have pain and then others it is anywhere from lower tummy to upper back. I do have severe health anxiety but I always think this time it really could be something. I have lost weight but hope that is down to cutting down on carbs since being diagnosed with the diabetes. Also think I may still have some sort of infection as I am sometimes a bit fluey.