PDA

View Full Version : Stomach ulcer ?

k9love
15-06-17, 19:03
I haven't been diagnosed as yet but would appreciate any input.
I do have IBS and recognise the symptoms that go with it but I've never had what I'm experiencing now.
Upper stomach between belly button and ribs is really sore and feels bloated, it's not a stomach ache more of a burning sensation.
Wondered if anyone has been diagnosed with ulcer and what symptoms you had, I'm actually terrified of being sent for an endoscopy!
Also I'm getting short of breath, but from the stomach area.
Thanks.

daisyflower
15-06-17, 19:28
I have those symptoms plus IBS. Mine visibly sticks out above my belly button, does yours? It's also sore to press and I'm burping a lot, have lots of bubbly salvia and sharp tummy pains on and off.
How old are you? My health anxiety did plant the seed of it being something like an ulcer in my mind but I'm only 31 and don't think mine really is. More like a problem with acid and stress

k9love
15-06-17, 19:43
I have those symptoms plus IBS. Mine visibly sticks out above my belly button, does yours? It's also sore to press and I'm burping a lot, have lots of bubbly salvia and sharp tummy pains on and off.
How old are you? My health anxiety did plant the seed of it being something like an ulcer in my mind but I'm only 31 and don't think mine really is. More like a problem with acid and stress

Thanks for replying.
I do have acid reflux too, yes my bloating is above belly button but I've never had this sore feeling before, I am very stressed at the moment! Maybe this is caused by stress?
I'm considerably older than you so maybe mine is an ulcer!

Fishmanpa
15-06-17, 19:53
Several years ago my wife had ulcers that were actually caused by a virus. She was in excruciating pain. Last year, she had similar symptoms to what you're describing. Turned out to be reflux. A PPI along with following the FODMAP diet has all but eliminated all the symptoms.

Positive thoughts

k9love
15-06-17, 20:34
Several years ago my wife had ulcers that were actually caused by a virus. She was in excruciating pain. Last year, she had similar symptoms to what you're describing. Turned out to be reflux. A PPI along with following the FODMAP diet has all but eliminated all the symptoms.

Positive thoughts

Thanks for your reply, maybe it is my reflux acting up!

daisyflower
15-06-17, 20:40
Sounds like it to me too :) Maybe try some Pepto for a few days?

Fishmanpa, I often see you replying on here and you are always so reassuring and helpful. You seem like a really great guy and must have reassured and eased the anxiety of many people. Just saying ��