PDA

View Full Version : Health anxiety is getting worse...

Hypochondriac98
16-06-17, 01:00
Hi everyone,

I was on here a few weeks ago freaking out because I found a flesh colored bump on my pataglossal (sp?) arch in front of my tonsils. I was convinced I had some sort of oral cancer from HPV. That bump has gone, and now I have a flesh colored bump on my left tonsil. Just can't win huh? I was just starting to get over the oral cancer fear until I found the bump on my tonsil. But that's not all. For the past few days, the back of my throat has been feeling dry. I've been drinking more water, but that doesn't seem to be helping much. Today, the left side of my throat and my ear are sore when I talk. I don't feel pain when I swallow. This particular thing has happened to me before, and gone away with no problem, but I'm having a bad anxiety month, and it seems like these mouth symptoms just keep piling up on me. On top of the mouth cancer fears, I've been having on and off brain tumor/aneurysm fears for years. Lately, I've been feeling really spaced out, forgetful, my head just feels tight, and I've been getting pains on the left side of my head. I think my left side hates me. My left lung collapsed twice a year ago, and I had to have surgery, but that's another story for another day. Anyways, my month has been less than ideal, and as I'm typing this, I'm clenching my teeth, my head feels tight, the left side of my throat and ear hurt, and I just feel like I'm dying. I'm only 19, but I feel so much older from all this stress and anxiety. :weep:

Hypochondriac98
16-06-17, 19:52
Does any of this sound like it could point to oral cancer? The roof of my mouth looks slightly white but I don't know if it's always been that way, or I'm just being hypersensitive because I think I have cancer . I've never smoked a day in my life and I never intend to .

Fishmanpa
16-06-17, 19:55
I'm a Stage IVa Head and Neck cancer survivor.

Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts.

Positive thoughts