PDA

View Full Version : Sciatic Pain

Hypochondriac101
16-06-17, 06:26
For about a year now I have been having sciatic nerve pain on and off, only this time it came back and will not go away. It's not in my back, only in the buttock area. I got an xray and it came up clean. Could it be bone cancer or am I just freaking myself out?

Iwant2bhealthy
16-06-17, 09:29
Hi hypochondriac101, I know how frustrating it is to suffer from back pain, and have tests show nothing when you feel something ia wrong. As for your question- you know the answer but I will repeat it: it's definately not bone cancer. X-ray is a good method to diagnose that so tou can be sure that everythibg is ok.

I struggled with sciatic pain for years until I was properly diagnosed with a hernia. I also had an xray which showed no problems in the bones and I was at my wits end. When the pain kept me bed ridden for weeks I got an MRI. It shows more than just what's going on with the bones so it became clear that I have a hernia.

So to conclude: you definately don't have bone cancer, it would be visible on an xray. You might have a small herniation, or just a tense muscule. The other good news is that you can do something about it! With excercise and proper care back hernia is very managable. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G800H using Tapatalk

Bike Rider
16-06-17, 11:18
I am no expert, but if its been a year now since it started and it was a cancer, surely other much worse things would now be happening.

The Sciatic nerve goes from your back all the way down to underneath your foot and many things can aggravate it. Without knowing what you do, any form of exercise can cause muscles to tighten and trap a nerve and this nerve is a long one, so plenty of opportunity for muscles to "grab" it.

Silly things like long distance driving with a wallet in your back pocket can aggravate it, sitting at an office desk everyday can cause a disc to bulge slightly and press on a nerve.

Check for silly things and your posture, if you exercise or not in fact, get a massage, 95% of my back issues went overnight with a proper sports deep tissue massage.