PDA

View Full Version : Symptoms only in left breast? Pain, lumpiness, etc.

kmm111
16-06-17, 18:11
I've been worrying about this for awhile now. My left breast feels lumpier and "fuller" than the right. I also get random occasional shooting pains through my left breast and this never happens to my right. These pains aren't excruciating but they are annoying and worrisome. I don't believe it's hormones causing this because they don't feel like hormonal pain and don't happen at the same time each month.

I keep reading that fibrocystic changes usually happen in both breasts. Does anyone know how common it is to happen in just one? Does anyone experience lumpiness and other things in one breast and not the other? I feel like I am just destined to get diagnosed with BC in my left!

NervUs
16-06-17, 19:42
My left is much lumpier and dense and also bigger than the right. I also get more pain on that side, and I have had to have biopsies on that side (all benign),

I don't know if it means anything, but it's not something I can change. The best we can do is just check for changes and get our screenings.

braginskaya
17-06-17, 09:34
I get the exact same thing as well! I also find that during certain points in my menstrual cycle, my left breast becomes more swollen and tender than my right one does. It's something I've worried about on and off over the years, but given that it's been like that since my mid-teens (so around 6 years ago), I figured if it was anything serious it would've gotten much, much worse by now.

Mommy83
17-06-17, 11:45
I have no problems with my right breast but have had 2 surgeries on my left breast. I do have fibrocystic breast disease in both but it isn't noticeable at all in my right. I had a lump removed about 7 years ago in my left which was fibrous tissue then a couple years it grew back and kept growing slowly unail I got pregnant and harmones fed it and by the time my baby was 3 months old and I had it removed it was the size of a small apple and now my left breast is still bigger and heavier but it was benign.