PDA

View Full Version : Serious fear of MS, help!

londongirl92
16-06-17, 22:07
I'm new to NMP, but I've been an avid follower of threads on here for a long time (I suffer terribly with health anxiety). So far I've convinced myself that I have had lymphoma, a heart condition, early Parkinsons, breast, stomach, colon and mouth cancer, melanoma, a lung condition... Really the list is endless. But one reoccurring fear is that I may have MS.

I'm a 24 year old female and my symptoms are:

- For years I've suffered on and off with bouts of dizzyness/feeling faint when standing up. It comes and goes as it pleases.
- Tend to become very depressed suddenly for no reason at all
- My distance vision has deteriorated in the past year (However, I'm in a long distance relationship so I am staring at a screen 24/7 - I don't know. Eyes have been checked and although my prescription has changed, they are still healthy, but very dry)
- A very slight constant tremor in my left hand ring finger that can be stopped when I stretch my hand out
-Random body wide twitching that comes and goes when I'm at rest
- Restless legs, constantly moving them

- And finally today. Woke up with a tingly sensation in both legs (more so on both shins). It feels like a buzzing or a vibration in my legs. This is what has sent me over the edge. Never experienced this weird sensation before and so I googled it and the only thing I see is MS. Now I am in a total state of panic. I was supposed to go out tonight but I've spiraled into a pit of despair and fear. Had my health anxiety under control for 3 months until now. And now I'm convinced I have MS.

In the last 4 months I began weight lifting and I've focused on building my skinny little legs with daily squats and in the recent week, my calf muscles. I am not too sure if it's related but I highly doubt it is.

Can someone please please give me some insight?? I am panicking so much.

anxiousargentino
17-06-17, 00:36
Hi, try to read the thread related to MS "A thread for newcomers..." and you'll see that your symptoms are quite common around here. Don't google, you'll end up convincing yourself of anything.

Fishmanpa
17-06-17, 00:48
Please read this (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=42556)

Positive thoughts