PDA

View Full Version : Very scared - Bump in throat

neuroticcat
17-06-17, 01:23
I have a bump in my throat near my tonsil. It looks exactly the one in the picture(the picture is not mine tho). On the other side I have like a raised line where that bump is(exactly like in the picture). I noticed it like a month ago. I don't think it got any bigger or any smaller since I first noticed it but sometimes i feel like I have something stuck in my throat on that side. It doesn't bother me when I eat or drink, in fact my throat feels better after eating or drinking and a couple of days ago. I also started having a hoarse voice.
I am very scared that it might be cancer. I'm 27 and I smoked for 2 years but I quit last year. I only drink occasionally and I don't do any drugs. I know I am technically too young to have cancer but I was reading that HPV can cause cancer in young people.
Please let me know your opinion on this

neuroticcat
17-06-17, 14:08
Nobody​?

Chris 614
17-06-17, 14:31
I have that bump. I was told by an ENT that is was nothing abnormal.

snowghost57
17-06-17, 14:49
Go to a doctor and see what it is or sit here and worry about it. It's your choice.

You have one life to live, how do you want to live it?

neuroticcat
18-06-17, 00:24
Go to a doctor and see what it is or sit here and worry about it. It's your choice.

You have one life to live, how do you want to live it?
I'm planning to go to the doctor but I can't do it in the next 2 weeks. Anyway,I wasjust looking for reassurance because my mind constantly says that it's cancer.
I had a dental appointment a couple of weeks ago but he didn't say anything about that bump. I don't know if he saw it or not.

Chris614, thank you so much for your reply.

Sparky16
18-06-17, 00:55
I know my dentist, and his hygienist, look for anything abnormal during their regular checks and cleanings. It's part of their training. You wouldn't know it because they don't talk about it while they are doing it, it's just part of the routine.