PDA

View Full Version : Todays world..

eatyourgreens
17-06-17, 09:57
I'm really struggling with the going ons in todays world. It all seems so doom and gloom.

Everything from terrorist attacks to war.

My main worry is that we are heading for another world war.

However my mum has suggested that the world has always been this way. And that we have apparently been heading for another world war ever since WW2 finished.

Do people feel this is the truth? Or is she just trying to put me at ease?

It's hard for me to tell as I have only really started paying attention to the news in the past couple of months.

Has the world always been this way?

Hollow
17-06-17, 11:00
The news media is not independent, it is run by very few people and they create the narratives. A lot of these news events are "fake news" designed to create chaos and make people live in fear. I think you will be more more informed if you stop paying attention to.the news again.

ankietyjoe
17-06-17, 15:11
The news media is not independent, it is run by very few people and they create the narratives. A lot of these news events are "fake news" designed to create chaos and make people live in fear. I think you will be more more informed if you stop paying attention to.the news again.

Truth

MyNameIsTerry
17-06-17, 16:25
Yes, it's always been this way in some way or other. If anything, wars are less common as governments seek to talk more. Some areas of the world suffer from older disputes that seem to never end.

We used to have a media limited to daily newspapers and news bulletins with some documentary programmes. Now we have 24/7 news with most of opinion bases rather than reporting events. You could sit all day reading it.

Imagine applying today's news to the cold war period.