PDA

View Full Version : Exercise/Exertion

pgw84
09-05-07, 22:09
Just a couple more heart related questions. I was able to get out and do a bit of exercise earlier. :) I did a few squats to warm up my leg muscles as well as a few other things, and I could feel my heart beating in my chest and abdoman. Is it normal to get this with exercise?

Also, I was wondering if anyone could give me anymore info on sinus arrhythmias. I understand that the gradual slowing down and speeding up of the heart is normal with breathing, but that's all I can seem to find out about it. Mine does this (sometimes at rest), but with exercise or exertion there seems to be a few strong slow harder beats before it speeds up again (when breathing back in). The worse bit is the big gap from where it's beating fast and then fully breathing out which causes it to suddenly slow.

If anyone as always could help, then it would be much appreciated.

Quirky
09-05-07, 23:15
Hi there,

Sinus arrhythmia simply means that your heart speeds up as you breathe in and slows down as you breathe out and is totally normal and harmless. It's basically just a change in rhythm due to breathing. I have been diagnosed with this and a cardiologist told me it's totally harmless and nothing to worry about.

LJ

looking4answers
10-05-07, 02:36
Talk about weirdness...If you have had it I have had it and get it.For the past few weeks although I suffer from some freak condition of being able to clearly hear my heartbeat with every little burp and bump and missed beat it gets ,I actually have been learning how to dismiss it and try to ignore it ,not that I can actually ever master this but well.. hopefully I can.,.Yes what you describe we all go through bigtime.My heart pounds when its not suppose to and beats slowly when its not suppose to ..An example of this is . The other day I went out to roll a few rolls of wire over about four feet..

Ok.Im thinking these rolls have to be at least 250 pounds .I tried moving them one time ,just shoving them over and couldnt budge them ..Ok that tells you they must be heavy.These are rolls of fencing wire that the guys have been working with..

Back to my story.. I go and lift one up at a time ,im not talking about lifting to pick up im talking about lifting to just roll..I did two of them like that and my heart was pounding and i couldnt breathe..I was huffing and puffing and just felt like i was going to faint..

This is a first for me because I usually dont feel that way.I came inside and checked my pulse a normal reaction under those circumstances and it was beating ...get this 68 beats a minute yet im huffing and puffing ..

Now you tell me how weird this is? When I woke this morning after a snooze ..I had already taken a beta blocker and well that keeps my pulse rate low .. My heart was pounding and pounding because of a dream that I had.. Suppose it must have scared me but it took a long time to settle down.. Im sleeping yet my heart is pounding ,im lifting heavy things yet my heart is beating way lower than normal for exhursion..

Im going to add this little tibit just for fun..and to show you how upsetting my life has been .Im 52 and I devised a way to use a hoist electronic wench on the front of my atv to make it easier to lift the rolls of wire into the truck.

I hung the cable over a rafter and then winched the rolls into the back of the truck.The four wheeler weighs around 500 lbs and the front of it even came up.I felt justified and thought you are pretty smart..

We took the wire to the dealer to get the money back since it was not to be used..I backed the truck up to make sure the poor guy that was going to unload the truck with some mechanical devise surely wouldnt have trouble..To my surprize and shock and depression he picked it up cupped in his arm like it was rope.

I was depressed the rest of the day .. and shocked that im just 52 and couldnt do what a 24 year old could do with ease..Now tell me about feeling bad on exhursion..

I remember when I was just 24 I could haul a bag of 100 pounds over each shoulder with no problems now 100 pounds would kill me if it fell on me..

But the answer to your question is like what is told to me around the clock everywhere I turn.. You are paying way to much attention to it and just go on with your life and forget your heart.You will know for sure if you are having problems.. there wont be any doubt.I know its easier said than done but I just had to add my 2 cents worth here.. Good luck to you and God bless you .. Don't worry be happy.. take care..

pgw84
13-06-07, 18:45
Just want to thank you both for your replies. I know I pay far too much attention to my physical symptoms, which doesn't help, but you can't help it when it's there all the time in some shape or form. It never feels normal to have these things and you hear all kinds of horror stories.