PDA

View Full Version : Painless Mouth Ulcer = Oral Cancer?

GChalkias
17-06-17, 18:47
Hello!

1 month ago or more, I had 2 mouth ulcers on my gums. It took them about 2 weeks to be healed. They were about 5mm (0.5cm) size and were painful.

As time passed, they became pretty small, less than 3mm size and the pain has been gone completely. One mouth ulcer has vanished it seems but the other mouth ulcer has not vanished and is still staying there even though it has been healed (It was bigger before and became very very small now) and is completely painless.

Should I be worried?

EDIT: I am victim of Dr. Google telling me that painless mouth ulcers are bad sign.

---------- Post added at 17:47 ---------- Previous post was at 16:50 ----------

Anyone to help, please?

Fishmanpa
17-06-17, 18:53
Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts.

Positive thoughts

GChalkias
17-06-17, 18:54
Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts.

Positive thoughts

So uhm.. I am a bit confused. Is this an answer as... no or yes to the question if I should worry about?

NervUs
17-06-17, 20:18
The answer is no. If it started out painful and now is smaller and not painful, that implies it's getting better but not healed yet. Just give it time.

GChalkias
17-06-17, 20:22
The answer is no. If it started out painful and now is smaller and not painful, that implies it's getting better but not healed yet. Just give it time.

Thank you for the answer! I hope it's truth what you said though. By the way, should I still schedule the dentist to make sure?

Tbh, more feedback from other users would still be appreciated, thanks.

siwz991
17-06-17, 23:08
Yeah that's true and my ulcers behave exactly the same. I used to get them when stressed, the same is about my sister do keep calm! Take care and DONT GOOGLE !!!!!!

GChalkias
18-06-17, 05:42
Yeah that's true and my ulcers behave exactly the same. I used to get them when stressed, the same is about my sister do keep calm! Take care and DONT GOOGLE !!!!!!

So, have you ever had painless mouth ulcer?

siwz991
18-06-17, 08:13
Yup, I had some painless that healed swiftly, but mostly I had some painful that became painless and it's the process of healing. It's just like you would worry that your bruise stopped being painful man xD it's goood! And my sister has the same. Stop GOOGLE!

GChalkias
18-06-17, 08:27
Yup, I had some painless that healed swiftly, but mostly I had some painful that became painless and it's the process of healing. It's just like you would worry that your bruise stopped being painful man xD it's goood! And my sister has the same. Stop GOOGLE!

Yeah, I did a mistake of my life googling Mouth ulcer symptoms more than 1 month ago.

I recently had mouth ulcer under the tongue (After the final dentist visit for dental filling, almost two weeks ago) and till now it almost dissapeared completely (Mouth ulcer of tongue).

GChalkias
18-06-17, 18:46
I will make a schedulement tomorrow with the dentist. Any other thoughts about my concern?